Endurance Test 2012

Looks like l may not get to choose my ET's this year Werribee Obedience Dog Club don't seem to be holding one, with the first Vic ET being the end of May.

Where is the Murray Valley Obedience Dog Club's ET held, l noticed they are offering a Prelim tracking test the following day :thumbsup:

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l'll certainly do Alton again, l really liked that course. l'll probably do one at KCC too l am thinking 2 early in the season (with the girls incase anyone comes in season like last year) and then the two boys late in the season that way l get the girls finished and can concentrate on the boys.

l won't do Canberra again.

Hi SS,

Altona is a great course. Probably the best course and the best run ET out of all the Victorian ET's. (Wells done to the GSDCV)

Only the GSDCV use this venue. KCC can be very wet under foot and the weather on the day can play havoc with trying to complete the test. That said, it is a level ground with lots of paved areas on the course.

Dally club hold theirs at Tatterson Park in Keysborough. The course is OK, lots of gravel and shared with small amounts of traffic. Again, can be wet if the weather is inclement.

I actually like Canberra. It is a bit hilly and a bit more interesting as a course with the different levels of ground to cover.

I never heard whether the ET at sale went ahead last year. Apparently there were only 2 entries so I don't know whether the club abandoned the test. Anybody know?

M

Terrific, another ET thread, well done AB :thumbsup:

Sale did go ahead last year. I am unsure of the amount of competitors, somehow 7 is coming up, but I have a terrible memory, could be only 2? Either way it was a 100% pass rate and they are scheduled again for 7th July this year. They said it will be running.

I was going to enter Sale this year as it is the only one my bitch will be old enough for in this state (turning 2 on 27th June) but alas, I now know she will most likely be in season then, so not worth the preparation just in case. Plus we will be flat about with several other disciplines anyway, so all good.

I would probably rather wait until Altona in 2013 anyway. I love that course also :) and I would prefer she had another year on her anyway, so all good.

Guest Panzer Attack!

One of my dogs is too young and the other is too old so I'm thinking of doing the ET with Barkly this year so Luke can get a free title on his dog :thumbsup: That way I'll be prepared for when Pootie turns 2 as well! Keeping a close eye on this thread.

E.

We're not competing yet - but OH is definitely keen to take Ziva out, she just turned 1 yesterday, so we're hoping to enter in 2013.

I told OH that people ride bikes and he gave a derisive snort and said he'd run - we'll see how long that lasts :laugh:

Abbiestar

Don't do this to me, I entered Canberra and between entering and on the day I did my groin in, after all the accidents last year I thought I would try for 2012.

Unfortunately my getting ready for 2012 has already been put on the back burner for 6 -8 weeks, getting ready to go out for New Years Eve and still being sober I managed to fall over and strip the liguments of the ankle bone again (2nd time in 18 months). However, I am convinced I will make either Sydney or Canberra this year, if the Diva doesn't come into season for one or the other.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone goes this year. :thumbsup:

The dates for the Victorian ET's this year are as follows:

Sat May 26 - Hungarian Vizsla Club KCC Park

Sun June 3 - Murray Valley Kennel Club

Sat June 9 - Dalmatian Club Tatterson Park

Sat June 23 - GSDCV Altona

Sat July 7 East Gippsland DC Sale

I believe that the GSDCSA will hold their ET in Adelaide on June 23, same as GSDCV.

ET date for Canberra has not yet been confirmed.

M

Abbiestar

Don't do this to me, I entered Canberra and between entering and on the day I did my groin in, after all the accidents last year I thought I would try for 2012.

Unfortunately my getting ready for 2012 has already been put on the back burner for 6 -8 weeks, getting ready to go out for New Years Eve and still being sober I managed to fall over and strip the liguments of the ankle bone again (2nd time in 18 months). However, I am convinced I will make either Sydney or Canberra this year, if the Diva doesn't come into season for one or the other.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone goes this year. :thumbsup:

Oh Excuses ! Excuses!

:)

Seriously though, hope things improve for you. Hope you get to compete this year.

With any luck I may be in Canberra for their ET.

M

The dates for the Victorian ET's this year are as follows:

Sat May 26 - Hungarian Vizsla Club KCC Park

Sun June 3 - Murray Valley Kennel Club

Sat June 9 - Dalmatian Club Tatterson Park

Sat June 23 - GSDCV Altona

Sat July 7 East Gippsland DC Sale

I believe that the GSDCSA will hold their ET in Adelaide on June 23, same as GSDCV.

ET date for Canberra has not yet been confirmed.

M

Thanks for that :)

ETA whereabouts are the grounds Murray Valley and the Dallie Club use please.

Edited by Rebanne

Hmmm, I'm tempted but don't know it I could last! :laugh:

Can any one confirm that the SA ET is on the 23rd of June?

:rofl: DSO - if I can do it (as I did with Mr Rory last year) trust me, yoiu can do it. :D Mind you, the mention of 'hilly' in connection with Canberra would put me off. The course we use down here is quite handler and dog friendly - and on a lovely sunny day, as it was in 2011, it was lovely, in spite of a very cool breeze coming off the snow :D .

This may be a completely silly question, but has anyone found that pink paw pads need special treatment when training for the ET? My girl's paw pads are all pink and much softer than my boy's which are black, even though she is exercised on a bunch of different surfaces including concrete.

Nope, all Lewis's pad are pink, coupled with the fact Whippets have thinner than average pads, but we had no issues what so ever.

I trained mainly on Gravel oevr sand and sand as that is what our tracks are on the farm and he had no pad issues even though the course had sections of scalps, larger blue metal type stones, hard limestone, sand and grass.

ETA whereabouts are the grounds Murray Valley and the Dallie Club use please.

Murray Vally is up near the border. I think near Echuca.

Dallie club uses Tatterson Park at Springers Leisure Centre in Keysborough.

M

Ta, will have to have a good hard think about it!

:rofl: DSO - if I can do it (as I did with Mr Rory last year) trust me, yoiu can do it. :D Mind you, the mention of 'hilly' in connection with Canberra would put me off. The course we use down here is quite handler and dog friendly - and on a lovely sunny day, as it was in 2011, it was lovely, in spite of a very cool breeze coming off the snow :D .

I really should give it a go, one problem - need a bike! :laugh:

I really should give it a go, one problem - need a bike! :laugh:

Go to Big W! Mine was $98 :laugh:

LOL DSO. I did the first one with a Kmart special, but last year I lashed out and bought a reasonably priced one - something like $350 - from the local bike shop - really nice people, happy to advise. I have to say it is soooooo much nicer to ride than the KMart special - and a bit lighter to put on and off the bike rack. So I would say it's worth the extra money.

Oh - and don't forget the most important item of all - gel seat cover :thumbsup::laugh: