Litters Due In March 2012

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW only 5 of us :rolleyes:

Does that mean we have to post twice as many pictures ?

My girl is way over this pregnancy thing, just sitting down she looks like she is sitting on eggs poor girl. My only hope is that she make it through to the weekend.

As for us, this litter has taken 3 years of trying for her to conceive so it is vital that I watch her even more so.

I have started to take her temp twice a day already, she is staying in the whelping room but as yet I have not brought in the whelping box, ( don't want to give her ideas ).

My supplies are all in also (bought my snacks today) I have to have lots of stress food and coffee :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Last time Bella had puppies she present 2 of them ( little hind feet protruding ) and just as I took hold she sucked them right back up again, don't think I have ever been so worried about puppies surviving but they did.

Now just hoping for a couple of nights worth of good sleep before the action starts, Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bella has a temp drop this am 37.2 ------- for the past 3 days her am temp has been a very constant 37.8 every day and 38.1 at night.

I would really be hoping for her to hold on to them for another day or two but we will have wait and see.

Think that I should be getting the whelping box in her room today.

Was hoping to visit my son today for his 40th (10th ) birthday but maybe not.

Bree is sounding like she is ready to go :crossfingers: for a trouble free whelping HBP.

Can I please join this thread, we are expecting Labrador puppies on 26th, I was going to get her U/S last Monday but we are pretty confident she is preggers :thumbsup:

This will be our foundation litter, very exciting.

Good luck Fordogs, got everything crossed for a trouble free whelping :D

OMG, unless vet, nurses and self are totally blind we have FOUR bi colours. 3 boys, one girl and lost a tri girl. Owner of stud dog is coming down tomorrow at which time we will turn the blighters upside down and check their bottoms for signs of tri. Am too tired and elated now to check.

Oh given that they were due on the 2nd, their birthday can be the 1st for 3 years. :D :D

Congratulations HPB, 4 healthy puppies. Sorry for the one you lost.

Bella's drop at 37.2 is as low as she went now sitting at a constant 37.4 :confused: She is restless and wants to be on MY BED, not eating or even drinking much.

Made her a goat milk, honey & egg milkshake which she also refused.

I am thinking that she may have them withing the next 24 hours (probably will start 2am tomorrow morning).

BB, Bree had problems with her first litter. In consultation with the owner of the stud dog and the vet we decided that that was the better option than her possilby having problems at night.

fordogs, good luck with bella.

Bree's temp am was 37 and by mid afternoon it had gone up to 37.8 :confused: She was prepped for her op at 4.10pm.

We definately have four bis. UNBELIEVABLE. There was an outside chance that the sire was bi-factored, as his father is, but until pups are on the ground one doesn't know. To have four in the one litter, has to the best of my knowledge, never been done before in Australia. Weights 10-15oz. Will post photos tomorrow.