Litters Due In March 2012

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of Calcium Sandoz to give is on the bottle and depends on the type of diet your dog is on e.g. all dry, dry mixed with canned, canned only etc. x twice daily.

With our latest litter we gave Bree calcium sandoz the day she whelped and after that we added a teaspoon of Glucodin powder (avail. from supermarkets) to her water.

Hope Bella is on the improve.

Also an update on Bella, she had a very good night, so did I, she didn't wake me up at all.

She is very calm and relaxed now, grateful for my vet realizing that she was also twitching, possible sign of eclampsia.

<br />The amount of Calcium Sandoz to give is on the bottle and depends on the type of diet your dog is on e.g. all dry, dry mixed with canned, canned only etc. x twice daily.<br /><br />With our latest litter we gave Bree calcium sandoz the day she whelped and after that we added a teaspoon of Glucodin powder (avail. from supermarkets) to her water.<br /><br />Hope Bella is on the improve.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks Hesapandabear. I might start a thread to see what others do.

Stolzseinrotts, SINCERE apologies I should have congratulated you earlier on your litter. :thumbsup:

Technically we shouldn't be in this thread :D Our litter was due 02 Mar but Bree whelped 29 Feb. I checked with BB and she had no objection to us continuing to post in this thread. :)

:provoke: have you checked with dogs QLD re date of birtth.

Pic of Aust Ch Stolzsein Candy Coated Kisses with her babies , a few hours old.

Litter whelped 1 March 6 females and 4 males.

Mum and pups all doing well!

Human still very tired....... :laugh:

post-8142-0-91768300-1330949551_thumb.jpg

Just gorgeous, I love Rotti babies......One day I will have another Rotti I just love them :)

I have been meaning to post in here for weeks now. I have a litter of Labrador babies due 20 March. I am getting very exciting!!!

I ordered some of the velcro ID bands for the puppies and they arrived yesterday. Has anyone else used them?

They seems really stiff and I think they may be uncomfortable for the little babies. Last time I used ribbon and then when they where about 5 weeks put them in a collar. I decided to go with the velcro as I was changing the ribbon so often as they grew and it got dirty. The velcro you just adjust and was be washed.

So it appears that this litter will be registered with Dogs QLD as having been born on 29 Feb, they then laughingly told me that they won't have a birthday for four years. :rofl: Wonder what a judge will say if I keep them as a puppy until 2014. :laugh:

buddy1, sorry can't help you re velcro or ribbons, ours all have different markings which we can identify them from. Congratulation and look forward to your news soon. :)

I used the velcro collars on a litter, the velcro on one of the collars wasn't sticking properly at the ends it then got caught on the vetbed and stuck to it, the puppy got the collar off.

I ditched them after that and used liquid paper instead, much easier.

buddy1 congratulations on your pending litter!

Re; the velcro ID bands, I won't use them, they are very stiff. I do know of somebody who did use them on their newborn litter and unbeknown to them the band did wear into the puppy's skin, so because of that and the concerns I have about the stiffness I haven't used mine (have sourced two different suppliers, one is softer than the other but still has the stiffness :confused: ). I think that constant washing them should soften them, but am yet to see that. I use ribbon for my pups and then into matching coloured collars when they get a bit bigger.

I do think the velcro idea is great and hope that somebody may come up with a soft type velcro collar. :thumbsup:

Buddy, I did buy the velcro collars and haven't used them as I was worried they would cause irritation to the neck, they are too firm and rough.

This is exactly what I thought when they arrived. It did suggest on my pack to cut them I'm half (lengthways). Problem is I can't cut very straight so I know I will wreck them! I might have to find someone with a steady hand to give it a go.

I wonder if washing them with soften them?

I used the velcro collars on a litter, the velcro on one of the collars wasn't sticking properly at the ends it then got caught on the vetbed and stuck to it, the puppy got the collar off.

I ditched them after that and used liquid paper instead, much easier.

Oh no :eek:

buddy1 congratulations on your pending litter!

Re; the velcro ID bands, I won't use them, they are very stiff. I do know of somebody who did use them on their newborn litter and unbeknown to them the band did wear into the puppy's skin, so because of that and the concerns I have about the stiffness I haven't used mine (have sourced two different suppliers, one is softer than the other but still has the stiffness :confused: ). I think that constant washing them should soften them, but am yet to see that. I use ribbon for my pups and then into matching coloured collars when they get a bit bigger.

I do think the velcro idea is great and hope that somebody may come up with a soft type velcro collar. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I like the idea of the velcro collar like too - I even brought 2 packs! I might try soaking them to see it that helps. Worth a try!

My last litter I used ribbon then collar like you. If I cannot soften the Velcro bands looks like I will be doing this again.