Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Here We Go Again, I'm Not A Professional, But I Have A Question - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Here We Go Again, I'm Not A Professional, But I Have A Question

#16 User is offline   Sir Snook le Faux 

• Forum Regular
  • State:SA

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostKirislin, on 30 January 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

View PostSnook, on 30 January 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Selling a few prints on RedBubble doesn't make photography your income. You're allowed to make money from a hobby without declaring it provided it fits within the ATO's guidelines. Whether it would affect your insurance though I'm not sure. You'd need to ring and ask them.

There are some links making the rounds at the moment warning of scraper sites that have stolen images from RedBubble and other sites without permission and are using them to generate traffic to their sites. Several of mine have been taken and tons of others have had huge amounts stolen. They're low resolution and the sites aren't selling the images, just using them to get you to look at their website. Some of them have been shut down due to letters sent by RedBubble members about copyright infringement. Here's a link to what's doing the rounds at the moment. http://www.redbubble...ability/journal

where have you seen your own photos. I'd have no idea if someones taken mine. I did see one on facebook that I'm not sure where they got it from, a friend told me about it. that's the only one I know of.

One of the journal entries in the link I posted has a link to a site called ratedesi and if you type your RedBubble username in it brings up a heap of your images. I just went to double check and it looks like they've successfully had this site stopped too as it just says page not found when I put my username in.

#17 User is offline   Sir Snook le Faux 

• Forum Regular

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

This issue has come up on the facebook page for my camera club so thought I'd share the info as it includes a tool for searching for your images that may have been stolen. The second link gives a much better explanation of how to use the tool than the one provided with the tool.

The nifty tool is here:

http://jarred.github.com/src-img/

and there's also an informative entry by a RedBubble member at

http://www.redbubble...nd-it-act-on-it

#18 Guest_Tess32_*

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Redbubble isn't really intended for event photography..

#19 User is offline   jr_inoz 

• Forum Regular

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

I have had this issue too. I have taken shots at dog shows, that I have watermarked and put on FB - people then ask for a full resolution copy of that image for free. They end up on DOL or in ads in Dog News etc. I get a little bit cranky - but in the dog world, politically, I think I would be stupid to complain. I, also would like to work out what to do about this in the future.

#20 User is offline   rubiton 

• Horse photographer

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

View Postjr_inoz, on 04 April 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

I have had this issue too. I have taken shots at dog shows, that I have watermarked and put on FB - people then ask for a full resolution copy of that image for free. They end up on DOL or in ads in Dog News etc. I get a little bit cranky - but in the dog world, politically, I think I would be stupid to complain. I, also would like to work out what to do about this in the future.

When you put them on facebook - the low res ones - just note that if anyoen would like the full sizeimage the price is 'whatever' and they can pay you through paypal or paymate or can contact you for bank details. Then you dont have to say no please pay its there in front of them. What is the cost for well your upload amount your time to find it your time to store the image, the upkeep of your camera, etc

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions