Mirrorless Cameras

tlc

Hi Guys, just thought I would pop a post up about the new mirror less camera, I was going to upgrade my SLR but decided to take a different direction and get myself one of these cameras instead. So far i am wrapped with it, thought I would post a few pics (no editing strait off the camera) if anyone is interested in reading about the mirror less cameras have a look HERE and HERE this is the ONE I got.

The photos, just some snaps mostly on auto and P mode.

455d21a4.jpg

112b6947.jpg

52185ea0.jpg

23681428.jpg

9a07eb74.jpg

f3009333.jpg

75e86e06.jpg

Compared to my D80 I would say not at all, the only difference I notice is on burst mode, it is quite a bit slower than the slr. I am really surprised by the quality of the pics, photo bucket does not do them justice. I think the sensor in this camera would be the same as the one in your 7D and my D80 which won me over, I was going to wait for the canon G1X but after reading up thought this one just slightly better spec wise. You get the beauty of having a big sensor packed in a smaller body. I really didn't want another camera that I could change lenses on but I am glad I went that way now, It came with 2 lenses a 20mm and an 18 - 55mm . I haven't been happy with my little compact Nikon coolpix, so much so that I don't even take it with me because I know I won't bother using it. So I was having to lug my SLR around just for everyday snaps and I just wanted something in between.

Edited by tlc

does it have shutter lag? I'd like something smaller sometimes but I couldn't stand shutter lag.

Ive been out and about again today and took particular notice of the shutter lag, it definatley has a bit but compared to my little nikon pount and shoot its a dream. Ive got some more pics, ill post a few more once i have a look at them.

Haven't really taken any indoors yet apart from the Australia day ones and they were fine but taken in my bedroom which has a huge bay window and is very light. I'll take some over the weekend and see how it goes.

• 1 month later...

A few more pics, still loving this camera, had a little problem but HN seems to think it may have been the card, touchwood all good now!

These pics edited in Lightroom 4

e1b8553b.jpg

62b69c9b.jpg

ecfbbd98.jpg

17a910b1.jpg

16bd9391.jpg

b2ef40be.jpg

a4b41e8e.jpg