Sydney Abbatoir Closed For Cruelty

... crops here (wheat/barley) have shooters patrol most nights .. and emus cop it during the day .Not poison ..but killed anyway .

cockatoos also get shot in areas where fruit/nuts are grown ..and a lot are illegally poisoned.

There is also the destruction of habitat ..and the use of fences , which, when newly erected , effectively kill roos/emus who cannot get thru the barbed wire/ringlock to get to water, as they have done for ever.

I would much rather see (and eat)one of our sheep roaming the paddock where it was born, get killed cleanly with a single rifleshot , than travel the boundary of a nice 'clean' crop paddock and see all the dead things . :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see it that way, it is necessary to try to address both, we have a responsibility to our animals whether they are slaughtered here or elsewhere.

Ofcourse I absolutely agree but it was still damn hypocritical of Ludwig if guidelines here arent enforced. No one can tell me he doesnt know what goes on - I recall another abbattoir being closed in Victoria late last year due to horrific cruelty to pigs. As I said in my first response to Sam - it's always easier to point the finger elsewhere. It takes the focus off our own backyard which is exactly what all the jumping up and down about Indonesia did.