To The Pit Bulls!

Cavamum

Hi everyone,

I am just writing to say to the Pit Bull owners that I am sorry your dogs constantly get a bad wrap. Bella (my cavalier king charles pup of 18 weeks) has met quite a few pit bulls in the last couple of weeks. She made friends with one at the vet who was upset when it was time for us to go, she made friends with 3 at the dog park and they were gentle and even protective of her. All of the pitbulls I have been in contact with have been sweet natured and gentle. There was a man at the dog park with labs and one of the pit bulls went up to him for a pat, he pushed it away and asked the owner to keep it away and that it shouldn't be off-leash in a dog park, a few minutes later, Bella was sitting on my lap and the lab growled at her, bared its fangs and attempted to bite her.

Edited by Bellackcs

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I am just writing to say to the Pit Bull owners that I am sorry your dogs constantly get a wrap. Bella (my cavalier king charles pup of 18 weeks) has met quite a few pit bulls in the last couple of weeks. She made friends with one at the vet who was upset when it was time for us to go, she made friends with 3 at the dog park and they were gentle and even protective of her. All of the pitbulls I have been in contact with have been sweet natured and gentle. There was a man at the dog park with labs and one of the pit bulls we up to him for a pat, he pushed it away and asked the owner to keep it away and that it shouldn't be off-leash in a dog park, a few minutes later, Bella was sitting on my lap and the lab growled at her, bared its fangs and attempted to bite her.

What a great post Bellackcs!! :thumbsup:

And what did said lab owner do abt his lab showing aggression towards your dog??

I was watching one of those American animal rescue shows just last night and there were three pits. One they took away from the owner, the two they left were beautiful dogs, both in looks and temperament. The one they took "Duchess" was the most beautiful dog, despite her abuse all she wanted to do was have kisses and cuddles with the vets and rescuers :) She found a lovely new home with a wonderful owner.

Each dog is an individual and should be treated as such.

Hi everyone,

I am just writing to say to the Pit Bull owners that I am sorry your dogs constantly get a wrap. Bella (my cavalier king charles pup of 18 weeks) has met quite a few pit bulls in the last couple of weeks. She made friends with one at the vet who was upset when it was time for us to go, she made friends with 3 at the dog park and they were gentle and even protective of her. All of the pitbulls I have been in contact with have been sweet natured and gentle. There was a man at the dog park with labs and one of the pit bulls we up to him for a pat, he pushed it away and asked the owner to keep it away and that it shouldn't be off-leash in a dog park, a few minutes later, Bella was sitting on my lap and the lab growled at her, bared its fangs and attempted to bite her.

And what did said lab owner do abt his lab showing aggression towards your dog??

I was watching one of those American animal rescue shows just last night and there were three pits. One they took away from the owner, the two they left were beautiful dogs, both in looks and temperament. The one they took "Duchess" was the most beautiful dog, despite her abuse all she wanted to do was have kisses and cuddles with the vets and rescuers :) She found a lovely new home with a wonderful owner.

The lab owners wife put the lab back on the leash for a few minutes.

Hi everyone,

ugh so she took responsibility and not him? You can never talk any sense into people like that. I am willing to give any breed of dog a go, i personally believe any dog is only as good as they owner makes them :)

Hi everyone,

ugh so she took responsibility and not him? You can never talk any sense into people like that. I am willing to give any breed of dog a go, i personally believe any dog is only as good as they owner makes them :)

No, sometimes a puppy is born wrong, regardless of it's breed temperament, and it's "wiring" is completely out of wack and sadly, nothing can be done for it. :(

Some dogs have it in their nature and it takes strong and knowledgeable ownership to have dogs of this nature. The Pb is not a teddy bear. It is often wrongly accused of crimes but the only way to fix it is to acknowledge the type of dog it is and restrict the ownership to people who understand the dog's nature and how to manage it.

Some dogs have it in their nature and it takes strong and knowledgeable ownership to have dogs of this nature. The Pb is not a teddy bear. It is often wrongly accused of crimes but the only way to fix it is to acknowledge the type of dog it is and restrict the ownership to people who understand the dog's nature and how to manage it.

Well said Anne and that goes for quite a few breeds.