Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Hawkesbury Urgent Pound Listings - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Hawkesbury Urgent Pound Listings Errors, inaccuracies & no Imp Numbers

#31 User is offline   Her Majesty Dogmad 

• Diamond, Queen of my household
  • State:NSW

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

I guess one of the beauties of social media is that you can delete any dissenting voices .... and that well suits some of the unscrupulous.

#32 User is offline   Ams 

• Forum Regular
  • State:QLD

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

For the record I would like to thank each and every person involved in running the rescue threads. There is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes as well regarding cooperative organisation amongst groups to ensure saves on various dogs. I have spent time today liaising with others and Illy at Blacktown regarding a save. The dog is by no means safe at this time but we are all working towards that goal.

I still rely on DOL rescue threads as the photos and information provided is often more details than the original pound thread and I am able to glean more info before I ring the pound about a save.

Ladies and gents do not be mistaken, there are certainly people out there who value quite highly what you all contribute.

#33 User is offline   Malti 

• Forum Regular

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostBlacktown List, on 10 March 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

View Postgarnali, on 10 March 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

Can we clarify why 2 people have urgent Hawkesbury Lists.. One is very detailed with lots of updates .. The other has less info..

Since late last year the traditional Hawkesbury thread has been published some weeks and not in others.

To fill the gap I post a thread each week setting out the impound numbers, basic details and one photo of all the candidates for the coming week's kill list. If the finalised kill list ends up in my inbox I trim the entries accordingly. Sometimes I have access to more photos of the dogs and temp notes, and I add them to the thread. But at the moment I have no source for such extras.

The primary aim is to make the dogs visible to busy rescuers who just want to scan a list for their preferred dog types.

It looks as though you need to continue doing so BL, Kelscats has said she is ceasing the thread again, and can see why, there is now never ending shit going around with it and no one is ever happy with what happens.
Blacktown List I would really love an answer on how closely related you are to pound rounds now, I have seen your thread and the clips used are pound rounds ones, I know it has been venomously denied in the past, but the continuing link is overwhelming and sick of the same questions being ignored, but then expect nothing less these days.
Good luck with the HP thread.

#34 User is offline   Malti 

• Forum Regular

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

View Postdogmad, on 10 March 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

I guess one of the beauties of social media is that you can delete any dissenting voices .... and that well suits some of the unscrupulous.

I have been thinking about that lately and think you are right, it is so much easier to ensure you do not receive any negative feedback, on DOL is not so easy to hide or erase because it may not have such a biased reason for existing.

#35 User is offline   Her Majesty Dogmad 

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostAms, on 10 March 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

For the record I would like to thank each and every person involved in running the rescue threads. There is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes as well regarding cooperative organisation amongst groups to ensure saves on various dogs. I have spent time today liaising with others and Illy at Blacktown regarding a save. The dog is by no means safe at this time but we are all working towards that goal.

I still rely on DOL rescue threads as the photos and information provided is often more details than the original pound thread and I am able to glean more info before I ring the pound about a save.

Ladies and gents do not be mistaken, there are certainly people out there who value quite highly what you all contribute.

Yes, I'd like to thank Ninahartland for the huge job she does - I've rescued dogs from the threads she puts up and she doesn't just simply plonk photos into a new thread, she does so much other work behind the scenes. Her phone bill must be enormous, she's been a huge help to me previously and I really appreciate it.

Anyone who takes pot shots at those who load these threads would obviously never have done it themselves and even if they tried they'd probably only last a week or two, it's a LOT OF WORK. So thanks to those that do this, the dogs who get saves thank you with their lives.

#36 User is offline   Her Majesty Dogmad 

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostMalti, on 10 March 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

I have been thinking about that lately and think you are right, it is so much easier to ensure you do not receive any negative feedback, on DOL is not so easy to hide or erase because it may not have such a biased reason for existing.

Yes, funny how quickly the story about the Pound Rounds dog attacking a child disappeared. In a blurb I read of theirs the other day they say the pound staff are responsible for testing the dogs and knowing what they are like. Hmmmmmmmmm, does that mean they then take no responsibility for the things that happen after the dog gets out of the pound?

#37 User is offline   Malti 

• Forum Regular

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

View Postdogmad, on 10 March 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

View PostMalti, on 10 March 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Yes, funny how quickly the story about the Pound Rounds dog attacking a child disappeared. In a blurb I read of theirs the other day they say the pound staff are responsible for testing the dogs and knowing what they are like. Hmmmmmmmmm, does that mean they then take no responsibility for the things that happen after the dog gets out of the pound?

and the dog stolen on its way to its owner....

#38 User is offline   Her Majesty Dogmad 

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

And there's more, so much more.

#39 User is offline   Malti 

• Forum Regular

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

View Postdogmad, on 10 March 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

And there's more, so much more.

lucky the delete button is so easy to use :rolleyes:

#40 User is offline   ~Anne~ 

• Meh
  • State:Overseas

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

I seriously can't believe that any person operating in a professional sense would not confirm and clarify information with the source (ie the pound) before taking action.

Wow, how do some of you operate rescues? :confused:

On another note, I am becoming genuinely concerned for rescue in Sydney.

#41 User is offline   The Bears 

• Forum Regular

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostAWDRI, on 10 March 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

View PostThe Bears, on 09 March 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Bottom line this is a voluntary resource which does not negate some type of effort by any rescue group. Perhaps AWDRI should relook at their own internal processes first before casting any biased stones. Glass houses must be so hard to keep clean.

Every one of us is a volunteer and as such processes are always open to scrutiny and review. This particular instance was caused by a volunteer being given only the impound number of the dog she was collecting and the breed mix which was kelpie x. Both dogs listed as PCC216 had this impound number and breed mix so there was no reason for her to suspect she was given the wrong dog.

View PostMalti, on 09 March 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

View PostAWDRI, on 09 March 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Upon following up with the pound it appears that the dog we thought we were getting wasn't even on any urgent list and certainly didn't have the impound number of PCC216 so we still don't know who that dog is or whether he needs our help.

From looking at the DOL pictures and the HP website, my guess would be the dog was actually PCC197 and according to pound rounds social networking site he is safe with AWDRI ;)

You are incorrect. PCC197 was a red/chocolate BC x Kelpie and in no way resembled either of these dogs. PCC197 was collected by AWDRI and is safe with our organisation.
The dog shown in the photos attached and listed as PCC216 is not recognised by pound staff at all.

View PostThe Bears, on 09 March 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

View PostMalti, on 09 March 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

View PostAWDRI, on 09 March 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Upon following up with the pound it appears that the dog we thought we were getting wasn't even on any urgent list and certainly didn't have the impound number of PCC216 so we still don't know who that dog is or whether he needs our help.

From looking at the DOL pictures and the HP website, my guess would be the dog was actually PCC197 and according to pound rounds social networking site he is safe with AWDRI ;)

So it all becomes clearer now. Pathetic.

And from what pedestal do you stand and call us pathetic? Get your facts right before you start throwing stones.

DOL from a rescue perspective is obsolete and despite the hours of manpower put in by the volunteers who update the threads here (and we do recognise and acknowledge that fact) it is being replaced by social networking and hence for whatever reason is no longer a reliable source. Rescue is filled with enough infighting and bitching and backstabbing without it being done on yet another forum so AWDRI is out of here.

From the same pedestal which allows me to clearly see where you yourself have proved your bias. You're welcome.

This post has been edited by The Bears: 10 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

#42 User is offline   Malti 

• Forum Regular

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostPowerlegs, on 10 March 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

The dog shown in the photos attached and listed as PCC216 is not recognised by pound staff at all.

Really? The staff are blind now too?

PCC 197 BORDER COLLIE MALE 2YRS

Posted Image

and "kenny" aka mislableled dog in question

Not so incorrect after all and the dog was on the urgent list....................
As you said kidspirit and innocent accident, but that does not seem to be the thoughts of AWDRI which is a shame.

Really over all the bullshit that seems to go on with HP threads these days, if the photo's can't be used by a specific rescue group - accusations of PL is not thinking of the dogs, stop the thread to have a break and gather themselves - again accusations of not thinking of the dogs, get an incorrect Imp number on a photo - the entire thread from here on in being pointless

(God forbid a human makes an error, I wish some people see what goes into the personalisation of a thread, with temp notes and photo's other than the ones provided on another thread which seems a bit fruitless as the HP website has the same information directly available in the same form),

I have seen errors on the HP website with Imp numbers before, thankfully AWDRI did not use that site as a source of information on pound dogs, imagine the abuse they would have gotten.

Can't win in any direction taken and see why the thread comes and goes, personally I wouldn't come back and do another thread waiting for more shit to hit the fan. :mad

This post has been edited by Malti: 10 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

#43 User is offline   Plan B 

• Forum Regular

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

View Post~Anne~, on 10 March 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

On another note, I am becoming genuinely concerned for rescue in Sydney.

It's scary, isn't it? :(

#44 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

The crux of the matter in the OP appears to be that a volunteer was given insufficient info on the dog they were to collect.

Until the giver of that info learns to suck it up and take some responsibility themselves, this sort of thing will continue to happen.

I can't believe that in this day and age, it was so impossible to include a photo of the dog with the other info - or at the very least, a decent description of said dog - like the one they were supposed to pick up was a YOUNG adult as opposed to a geriatric one. At any given time in HP there could be more than one Kelpie cross for dog's sake!

The other stuff BL and others are going on with has been done to death many times with the only real result of threads being deleted. For the sake of our sanity, could we stick to the general topic raised please?

T.

#45 User is offline   kidspirit 

• Forum Regular

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Strange

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions