Hawkesbury Urgent Pound Listings

At the end of the day, the Rescue takes responsibility for the dogs it puts its name on. A well meaning volunteer cannot be expected to take flack from a rescue for collecting the wrong dog. It is up to the Rescue to do their due diligence.

Pound List does a great and often thankless job - volunteers spend so many hours assessing and photographing dogs, and it is much appreciated by rescuers.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I dream of getting a nice life with holidays, clothes, furniture etc. like other people and not being dragged down by the depression of beating my head against a brick wall, swimming against the ever growing tide of unwanted animals. But then I rescue another dog instead of giving it all away.

This is so my life! :eek: Dogmad you are not alone, we may be few but we are out here.

Thought I'd just check the urgents again..

Can we clarify why 2 people have urgent Hawkesbury Lists.. One is very detailed with lots of updates .. The other has less info..

Getting confused between the two as both have comments from DOL'ers And yet infomation about saves is different..

SORRY have to ask.. Which one is correct and could we perhaps combine forces rather than running two lists ?? :confused:

There will be only one thread from now on im not doing any notes or pics anymore.

Bottom line this is a voluntary resource which does not negate some type of effort by any rescue group. Perhaps AWDRI should relook at their own internal processes first before casting any biased stones. Glass houses must be so hard to keep clean.

Every one of us is a volunteer and as such processes are always open to scrutiny and review. This particular instance was caused by a volunteer being given only the impound number of the dog she was collecting and the breed mix which was kelpie x. Both dogs listed as PCC216 had this impound number and breed mix so there was no reason for her to suspect she was given the wrong dog.

Upon following up with the pound it appears that the dog we thought we were getting wasn't even on any urgent list and certainly didn't have the impound number of PCC216 so we still don't know who that dog is or whether he needs our help.

From looking at the DOL pictures and the HP website, my guess would be the dog was actually PCC197 and according to pound rounds social networking site he is safe with AWDRI ;)

You are incorrect. PCC197 was a red/chocolate BC x Kelpie and in no way resembled either of these dogs. PCC197 was collected by AWDRI and is safe with our organisation.

The dog shown in the photos attached and listed as PCC216 is not recognised by pound staff at all.

Upon following up with the pound it appears that the dog we thought we were getting wasn't even on any urgent list and certainly didn't have the impound number of PCC216 so we still don't know who that dog is or whether he needs our help.

From looking at the DOL pictures and the HP website, my guess would be the dog was actually PCC197 and according to pound rounds social networking site he is safe with AWDRI ;)

So it all becomes clearer now. Pathetic.

And from what pedestal do you stand and call us pathetic? Get your facts right before you start throwing stones.

DOL from a rescue perspective is obsolete and despite the hours of manpower put in by the volunteers who update the threads here (and we do recognise and acknowledge that fact) it is being replaced by social networking and hence for whatever reason is no longer a reliable source. Rescue is filled with enough infighting and bitching and backstabbing without it being done on yet another forum so AWDRI is out of here.

So you're basically just here to berate volunteers, blame others for your own mistake, declare rescue on DOL obsolete, and call everyone a backstabbing bitch.

You must be a riot at social gatherings.

Can we clarify why 2 people have urgent Hawkesbury Lists.. One is very detailed with lots of updates .. The other has less info..

Since late last year the traditional Hawkesbury thread has been published some weeks and not in others.

To fill the gap I post a thread each week setting out the impound numbers, basic details and one photo of all the candidates for the coming week's kill list. If the finalised kill list ends up in my inbox I trim the entries accordingly. Sometimes I have access to more photos of the dogs and temp notes, and I add them to the thread. But at the moment I have no source for such extras.

The primary aim is to make the dogs visible to busy rescuers who just want to scan a list for their preferred dog types.

Bottom line this is a voluntary resource which does not negate some type of effort by any rescue group. Perhaps AWDRI should relook at their own internal processes first before casting any biased stones. Glass houses must be so hard to keep clean.

Every one of us is a volunteer and as such processes are always open to scrutiny and review. This particular instance was caused by a volunteer being given only the impound number of the dog she was collecting and the breed mix which was kelpie x. Both dogs listed as PCC216 had this impound number and breed mix so there was no reason for her to suspect she was given the wrong dog.

You are incorrect. PCC197 was a red/chocolate BC x Kelpie and in no way resembled either of these dogs. PCC197 was collected by AWDRI and is safe with our organisation.

The dog shown in the photos attached and listed as PCC216 is not recognised by pound staff at all.

So it all becomes clearer now. Pathetic.

And from what pedestal do you stand and call us pathetic? Get your facts right before you start throwing stones.

DOL from a rescue perspective is obsolete and despite the hours of manpower put in by the volunteers who update the threads here (and we do recognise and acknowledge that fact) it is being replaced by social networking and hence for whatever reason is no longer a reliable source. Rescue is filled with enough infighting and bitching and backstabbing without it being done on yet another forum so AWDRI is out of here.

AWDRI you have been using many different internet sources to get your dogs from, 'only using DOL' and now never again, what a load of rubbish.

Pity an apology about the mix up is not what you were after as that was given long ago in this thread. You are trying to make a point I am guessing but who knows what that point is, except you are accusing others of the exact thing you are being, dramatic and bitchy.

If you find social networking site more accurate go right ahead, I hope pound rounds give you the money they were collecting on the dog you took.

Maybe look into your internal workings and think giving a breed cross to someone who is picking a dog up for you as inadequate and maybe some of the fault is actually yours as well for the above reason.

But no it is the sole fault of DOL Poundlist and any work they are attempting to do is now pointless due to one stuff up..........bit over dramatic don't you think and a massive lack of acknowledgement that the thread has actually had on the HP dogs being seen :banghead:

As for the pound not knowing what dog that was WTH what is PCC 197 then??

Really? The staff are blind now too?

PCC 197 BORDER COLLIE MALE 2YRS

PCC-197.jpg_595.jpg

and "kenny" aka mislableled dog in question

post-6444-0-33033100-1331345982_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately this is the same dog but the light in both photos is different causing confusion

Duke was a pure black 10yr old dog in very aged condition with the same imp number

Just a very innocent accident

With an upsetting result that noone can be blamed for

Edited by kidspirit

For the record I would like to thank each and every person involved in running the rescue threads. There is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes as well regarding cooperative organisation amongst groups to ensure saves on various dogs. I have spent time today liaising with others and Illy at Blacktown regarding a save. The dog is by no means safe at this time but we are all working towards that goal.

I still rely on DOL rescue threads as the photos and information provided is often more details than the original pound thread and I am able to glean more info before I ring the pound about a save.

Ladies and gents do not be mistaken, there are certainly people out there who value quite highly what you all contribute.

Since late last year the traditional Hawkesbury thread has been published some weeks and not in others.

To fill the gap I post a thread each week setting out the impound numbers, basic details and one photo of all the candidates for the coming week's kill list. If the finalised kill list ends up in my inbox I trim the entries accordingly. Sometimes I have access to more photos of the dogs and temp notes, and I add them to the thread. But at the moment I have no source for such extras.

The primary aim is to make the dogs visible to busy rescuers who just want to scan a list for their preferred dog types.

It looks as though you need to continue doing so BL, Kelscats has said she is ceasing the thread again, and can see why, there is now never ending shit going around with it and no one is ever happy with what happens.

Blacktown List I would really love an answer on how closely related you are to pound rounds now, I have seen your thread and the clips used are pound rounds ones, I know it has been venomously denied in the past, but the continuing link is overwhelming and sick of the same questions being ignored, but then expect nothing less these days.

Good luck with the HP thread.

I guess one of the beauties of social media is that you can delete any dissenting voices .... and that well suits some of the unscrupulous.

I have been thinking about that lately and think you are right, it is so much easier to ensure you do not receive any negative feedback, on DOL is not so easy to hide or erase because it may not have such a biased reason for existing.

For the record I would like to thank each and every person involved in running the rescue threads. There is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes as well regarding cooperative organisation amongst groups to ensure saves on various dogs. I have spent time today liaising with others and Illy at Blacktown regarding a save. The dog is by no means safe at this time but we are all working towards that goal.

I still rely on DOL rescue threads as the photos and information provided is often more details than the original pound thread and I am able to glean more info before I ring the pound about a save.

Ladies and gents do not be mistaken, there are certainly people out there who value quite highly what you all contribute.

Yes, I'd like to thank Ninahartland for the huge job she does - I've rescued dogs from the threads she puts up and she doesn't just simply plonk photos into a new thread, she does so much other work behind the scenes. Her phone bill must be enormous, she's been a huge help to me previously and I really appreciate it.

Anyone who takes pot shots at those who load these threads would obviously never have done it themselves and even if they tried they'd probably only last a week or two, it's a LOT OF WORK. So thanks to those that do this, the dogs who get saves thank you with their lives.

I guess one of the beauties of social media is that you can delete any dissenting voices .... and that well suits some of the unscrupulous.

I have been thinking about that lately and think you are right, it is so much easier to ensure you do not receive any negative feedback, on DOL is not so easy to hide or erase because it may not have such a biased reason for existing.

Yes, funny how quickly the story about the Pound Rounds dog attacking a child disappeared. In a blurb I read of theirs the other day they say the pound staff are responsible for testing the dogs and knowing what they are like. Hmmmmmmmmm, does that mean they then take no responsibility for the things that happen after the dog gets out of the pound?

Yes, funny how quickly the story about the Pound Rounds dog attacking a child disappeared. In a blurb I read of theirs the other day they say the pound staff are responsible for testing the dogs and knowing what they are like. Hmmmmmmmmm, does that mean they then take no responsibility for the things that happen after the dog gets out of the pound?

and the dog stolen on its way to its owner....

I seriously can't believe that any person operating in a professional sense would not confirm and clarify information with the source (ie the pound) before taking action.

Wow, how do some of you operate rescues? :confused:

On another note, I am becoming genuinely concerned for rescue in Sydney.