Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Fern And Willow - New Fosters - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Fern And Willow - New Fosters

#31 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...
  • State:NSW

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Well - Fern had her play date at Katdogs' place this afternoon...

She wasn't sure about the big black crazy thing doing play bows and barking, but was happy to follow Katdogs for a run up and down the yard. Mate kept giving her the hairy eyeball as if to say "she ain't staying" and climbing onto laps and defending them against the evil little black dog. Jodie was just happy we kept throwing her ball...

Fern is such a timid thing when it comes to new experiences and friends... if you could see her running up and down my hall tormenting Pickles right now Katdogs... you'd swear I swapped dogs... *sigh*

T.

#32 User is offline   Comrade Catdogs 

• Forum Regular

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Pickles must be corrupting that calm elegant young lady!

#33 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:15 AM

View PostKatdogs, on 13 March 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Pickles must be corrupting that calm elegant young lady!

Never! My Pickles is a good girl! Mostly... *grin*

Fern is a boot bandit... I've had to put my work boots and ugh boots out of her reach so I can still find them where I left them... *sigh*

T.

#34 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

Hey Katdogs - I have Fern AND Willow here... wannna cuddle?

Fern is definitely the more outgoing of the two - she is as cheeky as all getout once she knows you. Willow is much more reserved, but knows her name and comes to me for a cuddle when called - and she does the BEST couch cuddles!

Both of them go outside to do their business - although Willow has had a couple of pee accidents inside. Both went out this morning by themselves, even though it was raining - so that's a good sign... *grin*

They are both so floppy when you pick them up for a cuddle - although at 7.4 and 8.1 kgs, that's going to get more difficult to do pretty soon... lol! They are also quiet - hardly a peep out of them - no mad barking when playing or squawking when put in their crate at night... they are just really nice young ladies in all respects.

They love playing with their toys, especially toys they can chew on - but Pickles keeps stealing the toys and putting them out in the yard... she's so naughty!

The babies love following Zeddy around and trying to get her to play - maybe they are identifying with her being the same colour as they are? Both of them are completely happy to play bitey face with Pickles and Trouble - and love zoomies! Oh, and they do love playing in water bowls - maybe that's the Labrador part of them coming out... lol!

T.

#35 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

Well - Willow found her play bark voice yesterday afternoon... it's such a cute bark though...

... and Fern found hers this morning - it's a bit deeper than Willow's, but still cute...

I have also learned not to lie on the floor with these two around - they have a thing for jumping on your head and chewing your hair!

I also think I'm going to have to get new collars for them very soon - they've almost outgrown their current ones - I had to adjust them again this morning and we don't have much more room for expansion there...

They are still shy of new experiences, but they are perfectly fine and normal (read cheeky) once they are familiar with their surroundings.

These girls are going to make some very nice family pets methinks - they are just lovely in every respect.

T.

#36 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hot off the presses... new photos of the leggy brunettes... *grin*

Fern...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Willow...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More coming...

#37 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Playing...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They also both had a playdate today at Katdogs' house - zoomies is really good on the fresh cut short grass!

T.

#38 User is offline   Little Gifts 

• Shar Pei Diem
  • State:QLD

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Some of those photos are beautiful! They really show the girls' personalities!

#39 User is offline   Her Majesty Dogmad 

• Diamond, Queen of my household

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

gorgeous!

#40 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

They are totally lovely little ladies - 2 of the nicest fosters I've ever had.

Fern is leaner and a bit smaller than Willow, but she's the cocky/cheeky one. Willow seems more dependent on having other dogs around to boost her confidence.

Willow will come to me when I'm watching TV and wants couch cuddles - which I'm happy to give her because she's such a snugglebug.

Both of them go completely floppy (like a Ragdoll cat) when you pick them up for a cuddle.

They both also go outside for potty on their own - never had to teach them that either. Such easy pups all around.

They are both being desexed today, and are a little miffed they haven't been given breakfast...

T.

#41 User is offline   Rilla-My-Rilla 

• Formally sjp118
  • State:QLD

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

They're gorgeous - they seem to be all legs! :)

#42 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

The girls have come through their surgeries just fine - a little subdued still, but they are hungry. They've had a bit of water and a little bit of wet food, and if that stays down just fine, they can have more dinner a bit later. They should be just fine tomorrow... pups are such resilient things... a hysterectomy rarely gets in the way of having a good time, I've found... *grin*

T.

#43 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

Yep - back to the normal madness this morning... *grin*

The girls are up and at 'em - had breakfast, been out for potty - and are now playing up a storm - regardless of me trying to get them to take it easy...

T.

#44 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

Fern and Willow are now officially up for adoption - listed on PetRescue this morning...

Willow - http://www.petrescue....au/view/150084

Fern - http://www.petrescue....au/view/150085

I think we may have a few appointments to see them on the weekend... *grin*

T.

#45 User is offline   tdierikx 

• Damed If You Do...

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:27 AM

Well - the girls have now outgrown their cute little collars - so they have new ones. I couldn't get a red one, so Fern is now wearing a lovely purple one, and Willow has another pink one.

These ones are a little wider and heavier than the previous ones.

You should see them strutting around like little princesses right now... we has new bling... too cute!

T.

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions