Story On Puppy Scams

Blakbelgian

Also sposted in General section.

Hi All,

not sure if many of you have seen the adverts for A Current Affair tonight (Friday 23 march 2012) in Melbourne @ 6:30pm.

They doing a story on People promised puppys and paid thousands for them & not getting them which is a scam.

I wonder breed they are focussing on? Adverts show pugs.

I know most people don't like this show or style of reporting, and most people have heard of these scams.

Just hope they don't pick on registered breeders too much.

BB

It is a sad thing to play with peoples' emotions when it comes to buying a puppy.

But wouldn't the alarm bells be ringing if you were getting a puppy from an Australian breeder but paying money to a West African company.

My heart goes out to those who have been scamed yet I also believe they should have been more cautious and done a thorough check on the bogus company.

It is a sad thing to play with peoples' emotions when it comes to buying a puppy.

But wouldn't the alarm bells be ringing if you were getting a puppy from an Australian breeder but paying money to a West African company.

My heart goes out to those who have been scamed yet I also believe they should have been more cautious and done a thorough check on the bogus company.

The puppies were apparently free and the fee was for transport. Transport costs using an international pet carrier can be explained by saying the parent company is located overseas.

The puppies were apparently free and the fee was for transport. Transport costs using an international pet carrier can be explained by saying the parent company is located overseas.

Sorry...that is what I meant by "Getting a puppy...." and "Paying money to....."

Still I don't think a lot of people think through a deal, just focus on what they are getting.

I don't feel at all sorry for these people. I mean seriously, if it was me... Alarm bells would be ringing when for starters when they only have to pay shipping??! And then want cash sent via western union to Cameroon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 I couldn't believe they could fall for that. Too good to be true so couldn't reist? :shrug:

I don't feel at all sorry for these people. I mean seriously, if it was me... Alarm bells would be ringing when for starters when they only have to pay shipping??! And then want cash sent via western union to Cameroon.

Amazing, isnt it. About time people woke up and smelt the coffee.

That segment was just a plug for buying puppies from pet shops. Very disappointing.

That segment was just a plug for buying puppies from pet shops. Very disappointing.

Yeah that just made me cringe. They really have no idea :(

I groaned all the way through it. It started as soon as they mentioned Western Union and Cameroon, got much louder when Don Burke came on (I mean really? Asking a gardener???) and then finished when I threw the cushion at the tv with the pet shop comment.

I groaned all the way through it. It started as soon as they mentioned Western Union and Cameroon, got much louder when Don Burke came on (I mean really? Asking a gardener???) and then finished when I threw the cushion at the tv with the pet shop comment.

Hahaha I didn't have a cushion to throw! But I know what you mean! :p

Fools, money :shrug:

If it wasn't puppies it would be something else.

Cameroon. eh?

wonder if it was the same chap who was selling 16 hand black fresian gelding free to good home. all you have to pay was the shipping. only wanted 1,800 for shipping from england to australia.

a forum spotted the add and after stringing him along some puter wizz worked outfrom what ive no idea. he wasnt in australia and wanted his darling rehomed in his new wonderfull country as he said. his computer was in where? cameroon

lol

when he was asked how was the weather in cameroon never replied to anymore emails re the giveaway

I feel sorry for them simply because they're so dumb. It must be awful to go through life like that, constantly wasting your money, getting ripped off because you're too stupid to see a scam when it's staring you in the face.

last month I answered an ad online selling Boerboel puppies in Perth.The email I reveived after my first enquiry made it obvious the persons first language wasnt english so straight away it smakcs of scam to me.Also asking how many pups did I want??I said I was looking for 3 but would take 2 if he still had them.Said he only had one left so i asked if I could come and look.He then replied he was in Brisbane.I asked why the ad stated he was in Perth.he said he would ship the pup and I said I was still keen.I told him what a stroke of luck as my brother lives in Brisbane and he can come around and deliver the money and pick the pup up.He wrotes back that he has to fly to NZ the next day and doesnt have time.I ask how will he ship the pup and he says no problem.I asked him how he can ship a pup in less than 24 hours when they require minimum of 48 hours notice.Still keeps asking for the money til I tell him to F*** off and get a real job.You get them all the time wether you are buying or selling.Not hard to pick their use of the english language is a dead give away.

That is what I took away from it too. "Don't get scammed - buy a nice puppy from a petstore!" :(

Not only a gardener! He calls his stud "Australia's leading Quarter horse and Paint stud" riiiiiiiiiiight.

I wish I could watch the vid rofl1.gif

banghead.gif

Edited by Scootaloo

My husband, stupidly, responded to one of these ad's and I just had to play along. Said British Bulldog was in Sydney, but she was ill so travelled to Adelaide to stay with husbands parents with children as they have a maid. I then got a scanned copy of a german passport, and claims her husband was a vet, when I ask general known health issues of Bulldogs this person was very vague. Needless to say I reported it and email German embassy with the passport photo and emails, just in case it was a stolen one.