Magnetic Tick/flea Tag, Anyone Used One?

sallyandtex

Hey,

At the park today, and I queried another owner friend of mine about a plastic tag on her dogs collar.

She said it keeps ticks and fleas off for 3 months!

She swears by it, but i am dubious.

Anyone used these tags? And do they really work?

I would presume that EVERYONE would have them if they did :laugh: as they cost $30 and no chemicals used.

Thanks

Is it the Shoo tag? I found it useless :(

I have put a Skudo on her and found it great.

I live in a very high tick infestation area and she hasn't had one yet..fingers crossed!!!!

But I do check her every night!

As I understand, with the shoo-tag, you can't use any other chemical protection but with the Skudo you can use it as additional protection. If that is the case, I wouldn't mind giving it a try to use together with their current tick prevention..... wonder where you buy them ???

I have heard both good and bad reports on them but worry about what happens if a dog swallows them. The shoo tag is magnetic and the skudo must have a battery to work. Also I don't leave collars on my dogs for safety so that is another issue. Having a breed that is well known for getting hung up by or eating collars, even flea collars, I think it is a real concern.

I have heard both good and bad reports on them but worry about what happens if a dog swallows them. The shoo tag is magnetic and the skudo must have a battery to work. Also I don't leave collars on my dogs for safety so that is another issue. Having a breed that is well known for getting hung up by or eating collars, even flea collars, I think it is a real concern.

You could put them on the dog with a bit of wool, that would be weak enough to snap if the dog got hung up. But yes, I agree, I would be worried about the dog swallowing it or chewing it up with a battery inside. Could be nasty :( Just thought...the wool would only be good for the shoo tag, as the skudo relies on the collar to have it positioned correctly.

I have used mine for 5 years and have never had a problem.

A friend who is a landscope gardener, swears by the human one.

Nothing is 100% reliable and I still check every night

Which one do you use the Shoo Tag or the Skudo?