Heated Pet Bed Recommendations?

Mthetealady

My dally is an inside dog who sleeps in a BonaFido stay dry soft-sided basket style bed that I have added an extra mattress to for added softness (the bed is flat to the floor), as well as an assortment of polar-fleece blankets. She has arthritis (medicated, but it still troubles her) and at night, even though she is inside the house, I worry that she gets cold in the very early hours of the morning. She is quite stiff when she gets up and it takes her about a half hour to work out the aches and pains.

I have never had a heated pet bed before and I am thinking of getting her one. I am curious as to whether or not people think these are a good idea, and if so, what would be a recommended brand/style? I am a bit nervous of over-heating her as she also wears a set of doggy pyjamas to bed. Also, what if she has an incontinence accident on the bed? She is pretty good, but she does occasionally have some bladder leakage while she is sleeping. Are these beds designed to cope with moisture?

Thanks to anyone in the know! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was also thinking of getting a heated bed for my little Chinese Crested. I have seen them at cheapo shops such as cheap as chips, ect. But I am not sure how safe and reliable they would be. I guess in the longrun you only get what you pay for. Perhaps try asking this same question in the general dog discussion part of the forum as not too many people see it hidden away in here.