Lennox Pays The Ultimate Price For His Looks

Dxenion

What possible reason could they have for keeping his collar? Isn't that stealing as the collar is the property of his family?

I just cannot see the logic in anything about this whole sorry case. Nothing that BCC did made any sense, even when they were given a face saving way to resolve the situation (US sanctuary).

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree Dxenion. I have no idea why they won't hand the collar back. It doesn't make sense if we are to believe the story that the council have told, and that he was killed yesterday.

Bruce (another dog) was relocated from NI about 2 years ago, so it has happened before. He had a large following also. It was a different council, but he was relocated to Ireland and is living there happily. He hasn't eaten anyone either. Who knows what has gone on with Lennox but the behaviour of the council and their attitude, makes you wonder about their integrity. The owners were not allowed to see Lennox for the whole 2 years. I don't understand how this can be acceptable.

In Qld, when a dog was seized, the owners were not allowed to see the dog (unless it was held for a very long time) nor was the body released to the owner. I have no idea why, but all the ones I was involved with were the same. I am not involved now so have no idea what is happening. Probably hasn't changed much.

So sad.

Such wrong laws

Poor dog, poor owners.

I tend to wonder if the reason they won't release the body is because the dog was in such bad shape when he died. Same Reason why the family wasn't allowed to say Gbye. I think there's a heap of ass covering going on over there.

sumosum, you rang them?

Yep. There were all sorts of things going on to the lead up to the press reporting that Lennox was dead.

One person even flew in from USA, on a private jet that was donated and had a meeting with the Council. They had her in the office, spoke with her, let her plead her case to have him flown tO USA, and said they would do what they could, and then, before she had even left the building, they announced he was dead.

As has been said, none of this made any sense. To do that to the woman from USA was just weird. The Councillor made out that there was hope, and said he would consider it. Lennox was already dead when he said that!

I told them what I thought, and they read a press statement to me. I then mentioned how disgusting I thought the whole 2 years had been. Then the woman on the phone said "what, you think I am disgusting". I clarified and said no, that I was referring to the whole thing. But I really found it odd that she found it so dreadful, even if I had said she was disgusting. I am sure she would have heard a lot worse from other people than what I told them. I was actually very polite, but clear in what I said, I thought. I left the conversation with the opinion that they were all a bunch of wierdos. :laugh:

The reason I rang is because I had been in touch with the owner of Lennox when this first kicked off 2 years ago, and had followed and supported them ever since. I think the whole thing was very unfair. A lot of people were making a last ditch effort to save him......if he was still alive. It felt better than doing nothing.

Interestingly, the dogs registration was sent out to them each year while he was impounded and the owner kept paying it. The council kept accepting their money, even after they had won in labeling him a pitbull.

And even up until now, they still had a dog that was registered as a bulldog by the Belfast City Council. The same registration this council had been accepting for the 7 years that the dog was in his home, and the 2 years he was in the pound. It wasn't like a normal pound pen, it was a concrete room, with damp looking sawdust on the floor. No view out judging by the leaked photos of him while impounded. :(

I hope whoever leaked the photos will eventually open their mouth and state what the true story is. If he was alive until yesterday or not. Then again, that person may have been sacked by now too, and may not know.

I know very little about Northern Ireland law but given it's a British province it should be subject to FOI laws. Was that tried or does a council there not fall under FOI?

I think they are subject to FOI. I did see someone say they have applied, so will be interesting to see how much they actually find out. What I read said something about BCC hiding all info about Lennox under Section 14.1, but the person had applied for a section 1.1 to override it. I don't have much clue about the technical side of what they are saying though.

I wouldn't go holding my breath, as even here, I have seen some that basically have no information on them, because so much is blacked out, it doesn't make much sense.

I don't think this is going to go away in a hurry for the BCC. A lot of very upset people. The facebook page that was set up for him had I think about 110,000 supporters yesterday. It now has grown to over 118,000. and the petition has over 213,000 signatures. I feel very sorry for Lennox and his family, but the reaction to this is very interesting.

I just watched an assessment video of him. He seemed friendly, well mannered, kept sitting waiting for a treat, it seemed like the male was teasing and confusing him to me. :( Lennox didn't seem to know what the man wanted him to do, neither did I.

So very sad for Lennox :(

It's obvious that Belfast City Council have something big to hide. Denying the family to say goodbye to the pet, denying his body for burial, denying the collar and they may get some ashes in the mail speaks volumes! Poor Lennox died from mistreatment and abuse by the Belfast council some time ago and have already destroyed the body and the collar. I hope there will be an investigation and the truth will come out. They should be charged for cruelty having Lennox locked up for two years!

There is so much to read out there, videos and pictures and now expert assessments showing how wrong and even worse, dishonest the Belfast City Council are.

I hope this helps BSL to be changed here in Victoria too. There were was a promising story on The Project tonight with Dr Chris Brown that there is some movement towards changing the definitions of this law.

Pitbulls,bulldogs etc may not be your breed but its only a matter of time before its other breeds of dog.

That's absolute rubbish, how long did it take for the registered Amstaff issue to be rectified when the court considered the Pitbull/Amstaff as the same breed??. If they didn't whack the Amstaff on the list, other ANKC recognised breeds with no association to restricted breeds are as safe as houses..........this "your breed will be next" scare mongering to assist Pitbull supporters is the joke of the century :rofl:

Edited by m-sass

I've come to the conclusion m-sass just posts to derail threads in order to make them about m-sass. It's rather like a 5 year old chucking a wobbly in a supermarket to get attention.

Why is sharing an opinion difference derailing a thread? It's my opinion that ANKC recognised breeds will not become restricted breeds reinforced by the Amstaff resolution as a test case to support my opinion. If anyone thinks that ANKC recognised breeds are vulnerable to restriction and need to support anti BSL regimes on that basis, good luck to them :thumbsup:

It's obvious that Belfast City Council have something big to hide. Denying the family to say goodbye to the pet, denying his body for burial, denying the collar and they may get some ashes in the mail speaks volumes! Poor Lennox died from mistreatment and abuse by the Belfast council some time ago and have already destroyed the body and the collar. I hope there will be an investigation and the truth will come out. They should be charged for cruelty having Lennox locked up for two years!

Makes me very sad to think this could be true and this family have been attempting to get their best friend back when he was already gone. Does anyone have video or other solid evidence he was alive during the past few months?

I've come to the conclusion m-sass just posts to derail threads in order to make them about m-sass. It's rather like a 5 year old chucking a wobbly in a supermarket to get attention.

Why is sharing an opinion difference derailing a thread? It's my opinion that ANKC recognised breeds will not become restricted breeds reinforced by the Amstaff resolution as a test case to support my opinion. If anyone thinks that ANKC recognised breeds are vulnerable to restriction and need to support anti BSL regimes on that basis, good luck to them :thumbsup:

You do realize that in other areas of the world that have BSL, particularly in the states, American Staffordshre Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers are also restricted or banned, papers or not?

ETA: and in the states there are two registries that provide pedigrees to APBT and hold conformation shows?

Edited by melzawelza