Foster Dogs

Lovely to see pics of your fosters doing so well. I'm sure Twiggy will love her new life, and you will have plenty of fun with Cupcake. Cannot get too many photos of Hoover and Mini Me.

Cupcake is heart melting! Those eyes..

The former fosters look great, especially Ollie! Was he the one who was a little chubby? He's looking so good.

Wow you have a great memory, Tuxie. Ollie was indeed a bit porky when he first came into care. He lost weight because we put him on a diet and he ran around quite a bit with our guys

I was worried that when he was adopted, the new family might overfeed him and he'd become porky again but they've clearly been managing his portions well so he's looking very good :)

As for Cupcake, she is absolutely adorable. She's getting bigger - leggier and leaner but she's cute as a button. I know I could have adopted her out 10 times over while is still in her cute, little puppy stage but you get more impulse adoptions for the babies. When she's a little older, has some training and looks more Kelpie-ish and less puppy, only the more serious people will apply.

Edited by koalathebear

Cupcake is heart melting! Those eyes..

The former fosters look great, especially Ollie! Was he the one who was a little chubby? He's looking so good.

Wow you have a great memory, Tuxie. Ollie was indeed a bit porky when he first came into care. He lost weight because we put him on a diet and he ran around quite a bit with our guys

I was worried that when he was adopted, the new family might overfeed him and he'd become porky again but they've clearly been managing his portions well so he's looking very good :)

As for Cupcake, she is absolutely adorable. She's getting bigger - leggier and leaner but she's cute as a button. I know I could have adopted her out 10 times over while is still in her cute, little puppy stage but you get more impulse adoptions for the babies. When she's a little older, has some training and looks more Kelpie-ish and less puppy, only the more serious people will apply.

I can't imagine Cupcake not being as cute as a button even when she'll fully grown :)

How big do you think she'll get? Juniper sized maybe?

I remember him because he had such a different look :) That video is so funny, no wonder the weight dropped off him!

That's a good idea with Cupcake, kelpie puppies are hard to resist so it makes sense to hold onto her for a bit longer. Plus then you get all the puppy breath and cuddles :p

I can't imagine Cupcake not being as cute as a button even when she'll fully grown :)

How big do you think she'll get? Juniper sized maybe?

Hard to say. She was only 4kg when she came into care and only a week later is 6kg, but 6kg is still pretty little for 4 months+. I think she's going to stay a very small Kelpie. She is coming along well. Her off-switch is well and truly activated and she puts herself into a crate of her own accord.

cupcake82.jpg

cupcake85.jpg

Waits for food really well

cupcake86.jpg

cupcake87.jpg

And we don't have to crate her in the evenings anymore when we're eating/on the computer. She goes and relaxes in a dog bed like the rest of our dogs. I love the way our fosters mimic our resident dogs.

cupcake90.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

congratulations cupcake :thumbsup: she's definitely going from cute puppy to a beautiful dog, pink is such a good colour on her as well :p

I hope we get lots of updates. And it's a good thing she was snapped up quickly. Saves me getting up the nerve to ask the OH only to get a grumpy cat in response

no_zpsafb8eea9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...