Foster Dogs

• 2 weeks later...

Photos of former foster Maggie competed out at Epic last week in the flyball and her team broke the record for an Australian team's running time.

It was her team's first time competing together and Maggie has only been jumping 11 inches for a few weeks now. First unofficial record run for the day, 17.109. The previous record was 17.128. Maggie's team is the first Australian flyball team to go under 17 seconds.

chimesupdate75.jpg

chimesupdate77.jpg

Here she is with former foster Juniper who was also competing that day

chimesupdate76.jpg

And two videos of the record-breaking run. Maggie is the third dog

Edited by koalathebear

May I ask what the ankle wraps are for, koalathebear? Is it to improve proprioception?

I'm assuming it's for support. Maggie had ACL surgery a while back because she injured herself when playing in the backyard. She made a full recovery and had extensive physio etc but I'm assuming they are strapping to give her extra support. She's faster than ever, I have to say.

Thanks! How wonderful it must be to see Maggie in a great home, recovering well from her op, and having fun doing agility. :)

I actually just saw a proper answer about the taping over on fb. Her handler says: Because we are running on mats I do it to help protect her feet as well as to give her some more traction so she doesn't slip when running into the box. When I run her on grass I also wrap her feet, but only the front as she has been known to rip her dew claws so this is to protect them.

I always look forward to your photos. Just shows what beautiful dogs come up in rescue & what lovely families adopt them into homes where they blossom!

Thanks! We are lucky that are adopters all give us updates still!

Edited by koalathebear

• 1 month later...

Jerry went on trial adoption yesterday. He's been more than a year in care and we've rejected about 13 applications for him that would have been good homes but weren't suitable so we are so hopeful ... This is Jerry the night before his trial with his hobo bag:

jerry355.jpg

On trial adoption with his own collar and tag

jerryupdates05.jpg

His own bowls

jerryupdates06.jpg

Being naughty :p

jerryupdates13.jpg

Having fun

jerryupdates15.jpg

Cutie

jerryupdates21.jpg

• 1 month later...

Jerry passed his trial adoption and is doing well. He is legal now, with his ACT dog registration tag and also his microchip details updated. After more than a year in foster care and a lot of time, effort and money spent on his rehabilitation - we are absolutely delighted to see him in such a loving home.

jerryupdates32.jpg

Brand new crate

jerryupdates33.jpg

Kennel of his own

jerryupdates35.jpg

Tonnes of tennis balls

jerryupdates36.jpg

Flowers

jerryupdates37.jpg

Toys to destroy

jerryupdates38.jpg

And lots of cuddles

jerryupdates43.jpg

Edited by koalathebear

Former foster Maggie at the Australian Flyball Championships on 17 September 2016. She and her team broke the record again later from 16.949 down to 16.673. The team also broke it again on the Sunday with a 16.651 with a slightly different line up where Maggie was reserve.

chimesupdate79.jpg

Former foster Rookie has been a very busy boy this year. He has done a term of Rally-O, is doing well at obedience, tracking and is now starting flyball.

rookieupdate09.jpg

Former foster Baxter (updated in August 2012). He's still doing well and his family just had a baby :)

baxterfood.jpg

Rescue dogs get a really bad rap sometimes and it can be so hard to overcome prejudice and the stigma associated with rescue - so it's really great to see rescue dogs doing rescue proud.

Edited by koalathebear

Guest crazydoglady99

Awww congratulations Jerry on your forever home!! Well done KTB.

Look at those puppy eyes! Welcome Dyson you lucky boy!

Your photo's of Jerry are absolutely heart warming. Thanks for sharing and for the work you do with these dogs in need. Hopefully Dyson can find someone who can utilise his brain a bit more!