Dog Vomit On Carpet

Dame Aussie

Dogs are colour blind aren't they? Maybe they think rugs and carpet are the texture closest to grass they can find indoors? Even though I have lots of concrete outside no dog has ever vommed on anything but grass out there that I know of so maybe they really do know about splashback!

We have polished wood floors....and one room with carpet and a number of carpet mats. I've bought expensive carpet spot cleaner over the years and it's been as useful as water.

Last week I bought some Woolworths homebrand (Select) carpet cleaner...label said it cleaned, helped remove grubby spots and deodorized. Only cheap....less than $5. Expected it to be even less useful.

But it was brilliant. I sprayed it over the carpet and the carpet mats.....and gave special attention to the grubby spots. All came up like new. Next time, I'll put in a couple of drops of Nil-Odor to add even more to the deodorizing effect.

Edited by mita

The best thing we ever bought was a Bissel carpet cleaner (power wash).

I'll attest to that. I used ours for years (no longer need it as we have no carpets). It was brilliant and MUCH cheaper than hiring one from the supermarket or getting a professional in to clean the carpets.

A tip if anyone has one or is getting one; instead of the expensive anti-foam solution sold at the supermarkets, use homebrand fabric softener. A professional carpet cleaner gave me this tip and it worked like a charm.

I have floor boards through the house but 2 room sized rugs (one in the lounge and one in the hall, right at the front door)..

Every time Ziggy chucks, it is on the rug at the front door...

I use that preen carpet cleaner stuff in the pink bottle...

Luckily I don't think I've had to deal with vom on the carpet. Our boy gives us way too much warning. It's only happened a few times ..

He smiles. His lips pull up at the side and he gets this hilarious sleezy smiley look on his face. But at the time OH and I are usually going "he's smiling!!!! Quick get him outside!"