Dog Vomit On Carpet

Dame Aussie

So Mosley decided to have a bit of a vom early this morning, on our bedroom carpet *rolleyes*

It's cheap stuff that came with the house, we will be ripping it up soonish anyway but I'm wondering what is the best thing to clean it with?

It's low pile, like office carpet which makes it a bit easier.

Any suggestions?

TIA :)

Yes spent last 12hours with upchucking very sick poochie who has gut infection poor little mite, started 1230am all over doona on bed and followed with carpet runner, main carpet stairwell etc etc and not once but several times before I woke to sounds of disruption. So everything that could be washed today was and the carpet was treated with a bicarb soda and water mix gently patting on the area which I had previously removed soilage with paper towel and left a wet peice of paper towel over all night (could not face this job at 2am in morning), then I used this spray foam carpet stain removal product, when it had dried so no foam was evident I then did the rolled up old towel squeeze trick placing on spot and stomping on it to remove excess fluid, so far my olive green carpet looks pretty good.when dry I will vacum excess off. doggie is now safe in pen with tarpulin and newspaper, and medicated approriately so we should not have a repeat hopefully.

I agree with washing powder - anything with enzymes!

I heard the worst doggy dirt story....the owners had one of those automated hovers that drive themselves around the room whilst you are at work. They also had a pug, who had never had an issue with the Hoover. Unfortunately one day the poor pug had an upset stomach and pooped in the living room........the Hoover then came along and evenly spread the poop all over the carpet..... D :

I can beat that. The other week I arrived home to vomit and dog poo on the carpet!

I am thankful we have floorboards!

However one Christmas Eve Oscar decided to vomit up dog poo on our doona eek1.gif Thankfully the dry cleaners were still open!

I heard the worst doggy dirt story....the owners had one of those automated hovers that drive themselves around the room whilst you are at work. They also had a pug, who had never had an issue with the Hoover. Unfortunately one day the poor pug had an upset stomach and pooped in the living room........the Hoover then came along and evenly spread the poop all over the carpet..... D :

:eek:

I can beat that. The other week I arrived home to vomit and dog poo on the carpet!

However one Christmas Eve Oscar decided to vomit up dog poo on our doona eek1.gif Thankfully the dry cleaners were still open!

I love having floorboards too! Makes cleaning sooo much easier. Except they still love to vomit on the doona if it is during the night :)

My old SBT (now passed) would do gagging contorsions that would make a Chinese acrobat proud but rarely produced anything (she hated to vom just like her mum!). But my youngest SBT just makes a 'kack' sound and there you have it! Doesn't give much time to take precautionary measures!

Yes I learnt the hard way that pale blue carpet and dogs was a dumb idea!

Depending on size and intensity, I usually pick up lightly what I can without rubbing, then let things dry, then brush out and/or vacuum as much dry 'stuff' as possible, before trying to wash out the rest with Napisan then rinse with white vinegar. I used to have a very vommy Birman cat on dark blue rental carpet, and his voms could (and did) peel paint and varnish, especially after the old style worm paste. And sausage sized furballs!

Worst thing I've had to clean up was dog spew CONTAINING cat poo! Stinky and I almost spewed myself :(

Edited by Katdogs

Sorry, know I shouldn't but.... :rofl:

The best product I've used to removing stains from carpets was Simple Solution Oxy Carpet Stain Remover (it's a pet-specific product). We reno'd our house just before selling, cream carpet, bright orange puke (what HAD that dog been eating??!! And why couldn't he have moved 2 feet to the left and puked on the tiles :confused: ). This stuff was brilliant, had to treat it a couple of times but after that you couldn't even see where the stain had been.

I only have one rug ...

I only have one rug ...

I have about 3 rugs in the house, the rest is floorboards. It can be guaranteed if Max needs to puke she will run to a rug to do it.

What is it with dogs liking a nice soft place to land their vomit???

It's true, we have vinyl and floorboards everywhere but this room.....

I remember my friend brought her new 8 week old pup over to our old house once, one rug in the whole place, all floorboards. She went and poo'd right on the rug. :laugh:

I only have one rug ...

I have about 3 rugs in the house, the rest is floorboards. It can be guaranteed if Max needs to puke she will run to a rug to do it.

What is it with dogs liking a nice soft place to land their vomit???

I like to think mine is cleverly avoiding splashback....takes my mind off the cost of carpet cleaning for a moment anyway.

But my youngest SBT just makes a 'kack' sound and there you have it! Doesn't give much time to take precautionary measures!

Worst thing I've had to clean up was dog spew CONTAINING cat poo! Stinky and I almost spewed myself :(

These two together = Elsie. All dressed up and late going out for fancy dinner with bf, Elsie is giving me this funny look from behind the baby gate and then burps up soooooooooo much cat poo all over the beige carpet :mad