Any News Adelaide Royal Judges?

skyehaven

Has any one heard about the judges yet?

Haven't heard still, keeping watch on Dogs SA web site, but no announcements yet.

This is ridiculous. Some people are waiting and need to cancel air tickets etc. Others will need to groom differently for their breeds. I've entered the wrong dogs if the new judges are not from Scandinavia. The whole thing is very disappointing and what I am most annoyed about, not one email from the Society to inform me of these changes - I had to find this thread on here. They want us to give them any scratchings in writing but the same consideration could have been given to us (via email) with regular updates for this situation.

This is ridiculous. Some people are waiting and need to cancel air tickets etc. Others will need to groom differently for their breeds. I've entered the wrong dogs if the new judges are not from Scandinavia. The whole thing is very disappointing and what I am most annoyed about, not one email from the Society to inform me of these changes - I had to find this thread on here. They want us to give them any scratchings in writing but the same consideration could have been given to us (via email) with regular updates for this situation.

Exactly! I'm still waiting to see who we get and depending on who it is whether to go or not, organise a new handler, etc or whether I just cancel everything including the leave I've booked in for work.

Exactly! I'm still waiting to see who we get and depending on who it is whether to go or not, organise a new handler, etc or whether I just cancel everything including the leave I've booked in for work.

I'm sitting here doing the same thing. The Canadian might be an option for 2 of my 4 entries but forget an Irish Judge. :( I was so excited and first time I had bothered with Adeliade Royal - not meant to be it seems.

Up here the regulations say that if there is a change of judge you are entitled to a refund should you wish to. Doesn't mean you can enter others though, unfortunately. Maybe there is something similar in SA?

I'm sitting here doing the same thing. The Canadian might be an option for 2 of my 4 entries but forget an Irish Judge. :( I was so excited and first time I had bothered with Adeliade Royal - not meant to be it seems.

Why? What breeds do you have?

I agree, there hasn't even been anything on the Dogs SA website. While it isn't their fault that the judges can't come, it would be nice if people were informed in a more official manner.

I'm crossing my fingers for the Irish for our Irish Terrier, but a Canadian wouldn't be bad. At least it looks like we will have internationals and not locals.

They have removed the Judges from the ANKC Website so perhaps about to add 2 new ones to Mr G. O'Shea (Swe) who is the lonely sole judge at this stage. Please HURRY UP> I need to find out if I need a puppy sitter or not!

Edited by Bohunt

Some exhibitors must have already cancelled their travel plans due to the change of Judges. Yesterday I was offered a cabin at Mount Barker caravan park - when I rang weeks ago they were fully booked - yesterday afternoon the manager told me he had 5 cancellations in the last couple of days. So good news for me :)

Haven't been there for a couple of years - can the oval next door still be used to exercise the dogs?

Cheers

The Dog Committee of the RA&HS are pleased to confirm the judges for this year’s Show following the late withdrawal of the previous judges Hans Lehtinen and Johann Juslin from Finland due to ill health.

Mrs Colette Muldoon (Ireland) will be judging

Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, Breeder Team on the Day, Best in Show and Co-Judging Best Breeder Team in Show

Mr John Muldoon (Ireland) will be judging

Group 4, Group 5, Group 6, Group 7, Co-Judging Best Breeder Team in Show

Mr G O’Shea (Sweden) Rottweiler and Breeds Group 5, 6 and 7