Anti-itch Wound Healing Spray

Guest Maeby Fünke

Guest Labradork

TBH i probably wouldn't bother with the Certigen spray if what you're doing is working. Otherwise you'll end up with a pink or purple frankenpuggie, and I only ever found it good for keeping flies away, and not really from a healing point of view.

It seems to be working. He has stopped scratching.

:)

TBH he should NOT need any antiseptic on there ... betadine, cetrigen, etc. he would have had a long lasting shot during the surgery .... if he has a harness..walks would be good :) keep him busy and then he will settle and sleep ....

LARGE beef bones .. leg bones almost as big as him for him to slurp on will maybe help as well :)

The problem with anything placed on fresh stitched wounds is that liquid can seep down the actual stitches, thru the holes ... and may cause problems ..as it is mostly meant to be ON the skin, and not under it .

Guest Labradork

TBH he should NOT need any antiseptic on there ... betadine, cetrigen, etc. he would have had a long lasting shot during the surgery .... if he has a harness..walks would be good :) keep him busy and then he will settle and sleep ....

LARGE beef bones .. leg bones almost as big as him for him to slurp on will maybe help as well :)

The problem with anything placed on fresh stitched wounds is that liquid can seep down the actual stitches, thru the holes ... and may cause problems ..as it is mostly meant to be ON the skin, and not under it .

I have decided to stick with the Calendula tea and Aloe Vera gel. They are safe to take internally so I think he will be okay (if they get through the holes where the stitches are).

He has a Puppia harness and I bought them enough lamb shanks to last the weekend. And he is quite happy just sitting out in the sun.

I'm taking him back to the vet on Monday for a post-op check up.

Edited by Labradork

I have decided to stick with the Calendula tea and Aloe Vera gel. They are safe to take internally so I think he will be okay (if they get through the holes where the stitches are).

He has a Puppia harness and I bought them enough lamb shanks to last the weekend. And he is quite happy just sitting out in the sun.

I'm taking him back to the vet tomorrow for a post-op check up.

What a wonderful surrogate mum you are. Good on you for all the care you are giving Oscar. He is lucky to have you looking after him.

Kerry :)

Guest Labradork

I'm taking him back to the vet tomorrow for a post-op check up.

What a wonderful surrogate mum you are. Good on you for all the care you are giving Oscar. He is lucky to have you looking after him.

Kerry :)

I took him to the park tonight and a group of young girls came over and fawned over him. They told me all about the pets in their lives and one of them cried when she spoke about her dog who ran away. They were so sweet.

He attempted a couple of zoomies so I think he must be feeling better.

Edited by Labradork

Guest Labradork

Stitched wounds really need to be kept dry whilst healing, so no lotions or potions is usually the best.

I know but I'm desperate now. He's starting to itch like crazy. Today I took him to the park and he rolled on the ground and pulled out two stitches. I took him home and put his socks on then I took Poppy for a walk. When I came back he had chewed off his socks and scratched himself, and he was bleeding. At least no more stitches had come out.

I put some Lignocaine on his stitches while I went to the shops and bought some more socks. When I got home he was asleep. I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow for a check up. I think he needs doggie valium. I'm running out of ideas.

Edited by Labradork

Guest Labradork

I just got back from the vet's and I have the biopsy test results for Oscar's cancer...

All five lumps were Grade 1 Mast Cell Tumours, and all of the cancer has been completely removed. Grade 1 is the best outcome; in case you didn't know, Grade 4 is the worst, ie. the cancer has spread to the liver and bone marrow.

I was a bit overwhelmed when my vet gave me the news, and I couldn't take it all in, so I'm going to call her tomorrow. I still have to take him to an Oncologist for further testing to make sure that there is no more cancer in his body.

I'm just so so relieved and I can't stop hugging him. He is back to his normal cheeky, happy self, crying in that funny Pug way for more food and doing zoomies and biting me. I'm just so happy.

I've been in touch with my Naturopath, and I'm just waiting for her to get back to me with a plan of action.

Edited by Labradork

Guest Labradork

That sounds a pretty good report :) I think you both need something special tonight .

I'm having pizza and they're having lamb shanks.