Do You Let Your Dogs Lick Your Face?

Guest Maeby Fünke

194 members have voted

1. 1. Do you let your dogs lick your face?

• Always
    • Never
    • Sometimes

1353770197[/url]' post='6031658']
1353754029[/url]' post='6031504']
1353718259[/url]' post='6030922']

I'm curious to know - how many people let their dogs lick their face? And do you wash your face afterwards?

Crikey!

My big dog gives daddy a 'kiss' on command, when he's in the mood.

I was trying to be sensitive because some people are completely grossed out by any kind of licking.

btw

I think my Lab might be a compulsive licker. I have just realised that she licks way more than any other dog I have ever owned.

Same her Labradork, my black lab is a real kisser as well.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Labradork
1353770197[/url]' post='6031658']
1353754029[/url]' post='6031504']
1353718259[/url]' post='6030922']

I'm curious to know - how many people let their dogs lick their face? And do you wash your face afterwards?

Crikey!

My big dog gives daddy a 'kiss' on command, when he's in the mood.

I was trying to be sensitive because some people are completely grossed out by any kind of licking.

btw

I think my Lab might be a compulsive licker. I have just realised that she licks way more than any other dog I have ever owned.

Same her Labradork, my black lab is a real kisser as well.

Mine never stops. And she even holds onto your head with her paws to keep you still.

Mine never stops. And she even holds onto your head with her paws to keep you still.

My lab does that exact same thing but with visitors arms and will lick their hand constantly if they allow it!

For some odd reason he will also hold down your arm with his paws when you scratch him under his chin.

Mine will dive-bomb my head in the morning if I'm slow to wake up and is allowed to get a few face licks in in the process. He's not much for face-licking, otherwise. Occasionally I'll let him give a quick 'kiss' on the cheek, but he's not persistent.

I find foot-licking infinitely more gross that face-licking and he will be quickly told off if he licks anyone's feet.

Kissies on the cheek are encouraged, but sometimes - when they are exuberant, they jump up and kiss you smack on the lips. Their lives are too short to worry, have to cherish while it lasts, my husband warns me of catching a disease off dogs.

I try to stop my dogs from licking my face, but occasionally they still sneak one in. That is when I first realised that Tag likes to eat dog sh!t, because he shared some with me when he managed to get a tonguey in :vomit:

Exactly, no matter how cute and adorable, their idea of acceptable is is :vomit:

I know so many places those cute tongues have been before :eek:

I thought this photo was appropriate for this thread.

oooo thats sooo cute.

I dont mind anywhere else but face is sooo so out of bounds, n yes never touch food without washing hands first.

you just never know what you may have picked up otherwise, why take the risk of hydatid just for one.

you NEVER know what you dog could have accidently picked up.

I caught me darling neighbour feeding my dogs offal left over from their sheep. They had no idea whatever about hydatid. they were horrified to learn about the danger and what it can do to them or their children if they did get it.

when I was a child we were all taught at school because the incidence in those days was very high. to get it can be devestating let alone fatal.

http://iceh.uws.edu.au/fact_sheets/FS_hydatids.html

Edited by asal

I thought this photo was appropriate for this thread.

oooo thats sooo cute.

I dont mind anywhere else but face is sooo so out of bounds, n yes never touch food without washing hands first.

you just never know what you may have picked up otherwise, why take the risk of hydatid just for one.

you NEVER know what you dog could have accidently picked up.

I caught me darling neighbour feeding my dogs offal left over from their sheep. They had no idea whatever about hydatid. they were horrified to learn about the danger and what it can do to them or their children if they did get it.

when I was a child we were all taught at school because the incidence in those days was very high. to get it can be devestating let alone fatal.

http://iceh.uws.edu.au/fact_sheets/FS_hydatids.html

Guest Labradork

I thought hydatids (tapeworms) were only in raw lamb offal?

And I remember my butcher telling me that there are no hydatids in human grade lamb muscle meat.

And if you worm your dogs regularly, doesn't that help?

I voted sometimes as I try to avoid it, but obviously it can't always be avoided. :laugh:

I am not a germophobe but I really hate the sensation of being licked (by anything, not just dogs) and hate the smell of saliva. Having my face licked just makes me feel gross.

Guest Labradork

Can't think of anything more disgusting. eek1.gif I actually gag when a dog licks my face.

Same here. It's extremely dirty.

Would you let a person lick your face? No!

Yes :laugh:

Edited by Labradork

Same here. It's extremely dirty.

Would you let a person lick your face? No!

yep my kids lick (they're just turned 4) it's a game they've made up probably from the doggy kisses they get. there are bigger fish to fry in the worry stakes in my world but I can understand other people not liking it.

Guest Labradork

I think it's interesting what people find disgusting and not disgusting :)

Edited by Labradork

I think it's interesting what people find disgusting and not disgusting :)

I know. I saw someone in a public toilet walk out without washing their hands the other day, yet most people are happy to shake hands with a stranger :eek: At least I KNOW where my dogs have been :laugh: