Veterinary Nursing Text Books

t a i l s.

Hello everyone!

I'll be starting my certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing via New England Institute (long distance TAFE) and there are a few books they have recommended but I would like to get anyone with experience and knowledge in the field to recommend some of their favourite books. Until I start I don't want to purchase all the books in case I don't need them all, I would love to but unless I can get them all second hand, some are quite pricey and I don't have the funds for that at the moment as I only work casual.

Any suggestions welcome! :D

Pictures of my darlings boys added because they're essential.

200a51h.jpg

I purchased a few off amazon which was cheaper than buying here. The one I used the most was Anesthesia and Analgesia by Thomas & Lerche. It has so much detail on anesthetic and monitoring and common procedures. The other book we were required to get was the BSAVA veterinary nursing textbook which is good but very general and a lot of info I found in it just wasn't detailed enough.

I agree re BSAVA book. Two others are Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, by McCurnin and Bassert, Complete text of Veterinary Nursing by Aspinal.

One that is very hard to get - but worth every cent is Canine Terminology by Spira. Very very very good.

Best of luck!!!!

Hello everyone!

I'll be starting my certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing via New England Institute (long distance TAFE) and there are a few books they have recommended but I would like to get anyone with experience and knowledge in the field to recommend some of their favourite books. Until I start I don't want to purchase all the books in case I don't need them all, I would love to but unless I can get them all second hand, some are quite pricey and I don't have the funds for that at the moment as I only work casual.

Any suggestions welcome! :D

Pictures of my darlings boys added because they're essential.

200a51h.jpg

I can't help you with textbooks but had to say OMG your boys are an incredibly handsome pair, just beautiful! :love: