Sbt Breeders Please Help Solve An Argument!

Remarkabull

On one of the local buy, swap, sell facebook pages here, there were 'purebred english cross american staffys for sale' mostly blue, that is why they were over $2K a pup - so rare..

I so wanted to ask how it can be pure when it is crossed but then all the numpties would have just come in and as so many have said - you can't educate those that don't want to be.

On one of the local buy, swap, sell facebook pages here, there were 'purebred english cross american staffys for sale' mostly blue, that is why they were over $2K a pup - so rare..

I so wanted to ask how it can be pure when it is crossed but then all the numpties would have just come in and as so many have said - you can't educate those that don't want to be.

Because one parent is purebred English staffy, and the other parent is purebred amstaffs.... Just like "purebread Maltese shitzoo's"

Because one parent is purebred English staffy, and the other parent is purebred amstaffs.... Just like "purebread Maltese shitzoo's"

Someone at my work was selling "purebred pedigree cavoodles" :rofl:

all that made me think was that the parents had pedigrees :/

Someone on a fb group wanted purebread chiwahwahs :rofl: I said try the bakery... (but did end up giving a link to DOL)

I would have asked how can they be pure...? and then educate all the people reading but not necessarily posting with polite responses after all the target (well at least mine) is the audience.

Edited by WExtremeG

I would have asked how can they be pure...? and then educate all the people reading but not necessarily posting with polite responses after all the target (well at least mine) is the audience.

You only had to see the responses to the ad to know I would have been wasting my energy... If I thought it would have done any good at all, I would have.

I hate the FB buy, swap and sell sites! I usually ignore the puppy and dog ads but sometimes it gets the better of me and I say something. I usually end up getting abused and ganged up on, including by the local PAWS lady who spouts the most unbelievable crap most of the time.

I would have ignored this one too but the other lady was getting hammered so I chimed in and said that she was correct. We ended up chatting by PM and having a giggle about how stupid they were and how embarrassing for them to be so wrong and yet so certain they were right :)

So, what is "wrong" with using the nickname "staffy" for a purebred SBT??? Why the hell not....after all it's just a nickname...since when did a nickname have to be "correct"? By the very term "nickname" it's an affectionate shortening of the proper name. I have an SBT and I refer to him as a staffy.

It's a funny old world when even the shortened nicknames we choose to give our breeds are policed....who decides what we are "allowed" to referto our dogs as anyway? :)

Most people I know love staffys and think of them fondly, no matter if they are purebred or mutts! To me, it's a term of endearment.

And I love the black brindles but I'm biased :)

When people ask me what type of dog I have I say I have a Staffy, simply because then they know what I'm talking about. I've found a lot of people have never heard them referred to as a Stafford. Though maybe if I started calling him a Stafford I wouldn't keep getting asked if he is an English Staffy or American Staffy :p

There are some people who need to wrap aluminum foil around their heads to prevent the rays damaging their brain. These rays are particularly nasty on facebook, so it is a good idea to have the aluminum foil

Of course, there are some people who don't need the foil, because they have no brain!! :lollipop:

Ergo, there is no point in arguing with her!

Edited by Jed