A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a nearly 8 year old tri-colour Cav girl who is still like that! I thought when I was buying a Cav I was buying a dog that slept a lot and was very placid. Boy was I misled. :laugh:

Oh really jemappelle ! lol See our 2 Blenheims have never been too full on.. Joey was when he was a bit younger, but defiantly not now at almost 9. I thought having a puppy here would perk him up, but it hasn't really lol

I have heard quite a lot about the Tri colour Cavs being more lively, cheekier.. well Here I go. Just wish I was these days myself ! laugh.gif

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

I think you also need to be forewarned that they can be a little ummm, special and often have the attention span of a gnat.

Here's a video I took about 3 years ago at the dog park. The dogs know that they have to sit before I'll throw the ball . . .

Edited by jemappelle

I think you also need to be forewarned that they can be a little ummm, special and often have the attention span of a gnat.

Here's a video I took about 3 years ago at the dog park. The dogs know that they have to sit before I'll throw the ball . . .

laugh.gif She's beautiful !! your other dog is being very patient around her !

My 4 year old boy will still eat books and rip things up if we leave him inside :laugh:

really eeek !!! eek1.gif

I really have been spoilt in the past with Joey and Renae.. i think Joey ripped the cover of one of my friend's books she lent me long time ago embarrass.gif I had to replace it which wasn't easy !

I fixed it!

I want a cute fluffy kitten too after watching all my youtube videos. :laugh:

laugh.gif Its been years since I have had a kitten! Karma's the only one Ive ever had as a kitten. Leroy came to us when he was about 2 or 3.. but Raggies don't mature for years anyway, but even he isn't too bad ! :)

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Yes he is very patient and has to put up with a lot! She is constantly jumping on him and licking him plus many other things which I'm sure annoy him no end. :laugh:

I wish all my dogs could be like my cattle dog. :)

Miah is bugging Joey and Renae heaps atm, but she takes more notice of Renae than she does of Joey! lol

I used to own heeler x type dogs, they were wonderful to own, but needed more work biggrin.gif

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

You mean to tell me it can go on for that long Rebane ! eek1.giflaugh.gif

My 16 month old pup/dog still enjoys tipping over her toy box and spreading her toy collection from one of the house to the other, much like a child would. So yes, get used to it :p

yep Warrior pulls out half the toys in the basket everyday :D

Just to make you feel better, this is what I came home to the other day - after having left the house for 10 minutes. The dog responsible is my foster dog who is 6 years old, probably with some collaboration from my 5 year old poo(dle). :banghead:

post-38509-0-96749200-1361334124_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alkhe

OMG Alke !!! that would have freaked me out laugh.gif and thats with 2 adult dogs !! eek1.gif

We had a foster dog ages ago, she was an adult dog and even she was very well behaved around the house. The worse ive ever experienced was my German Shepherd x Blue Heeler who was a notorious digger !

Maybe they were planning on making you a yummy cake but got distracted?????

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Jules .. Lacey is 2 and she has never chewed or got into things but wow she has an attitude on her! :laugh: she soon lets you know if she wants to play with her toys( we don't leave them out) , also if Sasha is getting more attention than her she does this scratching on the floor with her front paws :laugh: she is very head strong, not sure if its typical in a Cav as she is my first one :)

laugh.gif Kiwigirl ! I think Miah is going be headstrong like Lacey too! ;-)

I guess dogs are a like us humans,and that they all have their different personalities and quirks. It would be a boring world if we were all the same :)

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Jules my previous Belgian ate my couch :eek: I kid you not, this was a boy who never chewed a thing in his life, until adolescence kicked in :laugh: I came home to the entire arm rest and foot recliner shredded across my lounge room floor. And there sat my beautiful boy with a piece of fabric in his mouth with his best butter wouldn't melt look. I crate trained after that :)