Little Brag

RallyValley

Ok so I had my first camera club competition night of the year last night. I entered two pictures in the Novice category and two in our Monthly Set Subject of Street Art. The judge was Steve Fraser, who although he grew up locally is a world famous landscape photographer (the last Camera Club he spoke at was in New York!). I was pleased to get two bronze awards for my pictures in Noivce. But I was even more shocked and pleased to get both my pictures in the set subject category earn bronze awards!!!

Anyway I thought I would share since it was DOL that inspired me to take up photography and then DOL again that inspired me to try and better myself!

My Novice Shots

8415833028_085b304e7d.jpg

8485796042_4abb8f9e62.jpg

My Street Art Shots

8513600285_2b7d3e619a.jpg

8366899766_6178d3a0a3.jpg

Edited by RallyValley

• 4 months later...

Update:

Feeling very chuffed to have earned my first Silver in the Open category at camera club! Massive thanks to CC whose lens it was shot on :D

9314405476_e3162ee624_z.jpg

Since I started this thread I have only had one meeting where I failed to pick up an award :)

I have earned

3x Bronze in Set Subject, 1x Silver in Novice (then graded out of Novice) and 3xBronze in Creative. It's been a massive learning curve, but I feel like pushing myself every month has really improved my photography.

Thanks guys :) I'm pretty chuffed and find DOL inspiring photography wise.

Awesome, great work! I think you need to post some more photos in here!

Well since you asked...

March - Bronze - Set Subject: Texture (ETA - This looks a bit soft at low res, it's better on my screen)

521470_10151399898454037_86_med_hr.jpeg

March - Novice - Silver (And graded out of novice at this point)

581597_10151399898399037_43_med_hr.jpeg

Edited by RallyValley