13 Yr Old Dog On Gumtree

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw the worst ad ever on FB for a 3 yr old staffy.

Part of their ad read. "Very loyal and great with kids. When my daughter was sick she slept under her cot for 5 days until she was better. $150" It made me want to cry. :(

Edited by mixeduppup

I just saw the worst ad ever on FB for a 3 yr old staffy.

Part of their ad read. "Very loyal and great with kids. When my daughter was sick she slept under her cot for 5 days until she was better. $150" It made me want to cry. :(

:cry:...Hope she finds a loving forever home.

Edited by Purdie

I realise there are circumstances in people's lives that require them to rehome their beloved animals but the first one listed in this thread is beyond me.

Surely the owner knew more than 2 weeks ago she was going overseas?

To threaten in an ad - one way or another she goes, is just disgusting.

The ad for the 3 year old staffy for $150 isn't that bad - I would rather see someone put a price on a dog on facebook than give them away for free to deter the less than desirables from getting their hands on nice dogs.

Whenever I see a free to good home on facebook, I often send a message suggesting putting a fee on the dog so they only get real enquiries. They can always drop the fee for the right home.

I realise there are circumstances in people's lives that require them to rehome their beloved animals but the first one listed in this thread is beyond me.

The ad for the 3 year old staffy for $150 isn't that bad - I would rather see someone put a price on a dog on facebook than give them away for free to deter the less than desirables from getting their hands on nice dogs.

Whenever I see a free to good home on facebook, I often send a message suggesting putting a fee on the dog so they only get real enquiries. They can always drop the fee for the right home.

She was reduced from $250 for quick sale in 1 day. I see it all the time and it's starting to really get to me these last few weeks. :(

She was reduced from $250 for quick sale in 1 day. I see it all the time and it's starting to really get to me these last few weeks. :(

I just saw it on one of our local buy, swap, sell FB pages - the Queanbeyan one.

Thankfully the Canberra one that I use most, has banned the sale of animals (or giving them away) on their page.

Edited to add - I agree, it just breaks my heart to see such beautiful creatures discarded but I also realise that sometimes life throws us curve balls and the dog would be better off rehomed.

As this one is a stafford that they don't have time for - I think it is much better they rehome her than just dump her in a backyard. Staffords (like most dogs) don't do well without human company.

Edited by Staffyluv

I have a foster carer who keeps sending me ads. I actually spoke to the owner of this dog. A friend has taken the other dog but this one remains without anything.

Owner doesn't speak the best English and I struggled to get the message across. She is going overseas in about a week's time and was in a hurry - of course ... I hear this s--t all the time.

Yep people are shit. That is all.

Yes they are :( I continually comb Scumtree for greyhounds in need and if I find breed specific dogs I pass them on to the appropiate people. Dogmad is one of the wonderful people that either tries to track down a breeder or tries her hardest to find a rescue to take them.You are pretty amazing dogmad.

Oh people are doing it all the time - there is another on that site at the moment. A 13 year old maltese because they now have 2 kids. Seriously do they expect to find a good home for such an old dog and how would the dog cope anyway :(

Oh people are doing it all the time - there is another on that site at the moment. A 13 year old maltese because they now have 2 kids. Seriously do they expect to find a good home for such an old dog and how would the dog cope anyway :(

If anyone should take the little dog on, as long as it's a kind and loving home there is every chance the dog would adapt. I've rescued/adopted dogs as old as 15, they've had a terrible life but I can assure you that they've all responded to love and kindness and thrived on it1