Idiopathic Vestibular Disease

Salukifan

Not sure that really answers the question - all I am wondering is do you wait a few days and see if things improve and if not then consider a vet trip. She seems otherwise relatively relaxed snoozing away.

:confused: Sorry, but I thought I was clear.

You are guessing it is idiopathic vestibular disorder. A vet can determine if it is or isn't. It may be something else. Something that is painful, can kill or is a symptom of a more serious condition. It could be lethal of it isn't treated. i.e. you are not qualified to diagnose idiopathic vestibular disorder.

If it is idiopathic vestibular disorder, which is pretty common in older dogs, then the vet cannot do much but treat the dog for nausea or dehydration. So if the dog is eating and drinking and otherwise ok, there isn't anything that can be done.

Edited by ~Anne~

All you said in your original post was that a vet could rule out other things not that any of them needed urgent attention in a dog who is making improvement. Will take her to the vet later I just didn't feel it was an emergency at this point in time. She has only had a full health check about a month ago and went from being 100% fine yesterday afternoon to not in a very short period of time last night when I let her out for her final toilet stop.

Edited by ness