Litters Due August 2013

Monteba

Well my vet can't count!!! 8 pups, 5 boys & 3 girls all weighing between 300gm and 380gm so a hefty Fauve litter. Sadly she needed a c-section as they simply weren't moving along. The vet believes it was inertia from the number & size of the pups but we'll never really know. I'm happy but in shock!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my vet can't count!!! 8 pups, 5 boys & 3 girls all weighing between 300gm and 380gm so a hefty Fauve litter. Sadly she needed a c-section as they simply weren't moving along. The vet believes it was inertia from the number & size of the pups but we'll never really know. I'm happy but in shock!!

Congratulations.

Like Brintey's Leo girl - another litter of 8 born ont the 8th of the 8th :)

Congratulations.

Oh wow I hadn't clicked to that!!!! That is fabulous!

Congratulations.

Oh wow I hadn't clicked to that!!!! That is fabulous!

Congrads! What big uniform looking pups, and what a tired looking mum!

Here's hoping they will soon be in a whelping box and mum perked up a bit. At least it looks like she's accepting them with no problem.

So I presume one will be named Octavia? smile.gif

Edited by sandgrubber

This is one mum who just won't do a whelping box sadly. Tried it with her last litter to no avail - would only settle in a crate. Tried to get her to whelp all day today in the whelping box but instead she peed in it :laugh: . She can't stand how open a whelping box is and needs a very enclosed & dark little den. Not my preference for her and pups BUT makes for a relaxed and stress free mum.

This litter's theme will be based around "Gift" as this litter has been a very special gift, as Anna was given to us for this litter. :)

Bonza's count stands at nine. Three black boys, two choco boys, three choco girls, one black girl. All ok, possibly one more to come. Pictures after I've had time to clean up a bit. Very easy delivery, and mercifully, started at 11am ...done at 4:30 pm, that's if there isn't an afterthought pup. All look healthy.

Number ten was born dead two hours later.

Bonza took a dislike to cleaning the pups. I did this manually a couple times...slow and messy. Then I found a bit of wonderful advice. Put a bit of butter on the pup's anus and mum will lick it clean. Sure enough, it works. One more sleepless night, but I think it's sorted. Bonza seems to be doing her maternal duties without buttering the pups behinds.

Edited by sandgrubber

So day 61 here and we are all systems go. Holly's temp dipped down at 10.30pm last night to 36.8 deg and this morning it is back to normal. We have had a night of some digging in the whelping box and a few groans and big stretches. She is choosing not to leave her whelping box and was quick to get back in it after toileting this morning. Sometime today we will have our smallest Dalmatian litter ever with a count of 4 on xray. Holly had been water loading and looked like a house but in the last week she stopped this and trimmed down quite a bit. I am secretly hoping for five but four healthy puppies is better than None.happydance2.gif

Good luck Underfoot and congratulations sandgrubber!

Commiserations on the loss of your little one Trisven. I lost a little girl too, she was 2 days old. Mum developed an infection and is only just coming good now. It has been a stressful litter .. my first since 30 years ago, she went into labour 3 days early at midnight, my sister had all her phones off and I had to ring my elderly father to drive around to her house to wake her up and help me with the birth! The first pup was stuck, a true breech with only tail and bum presenting... Thank goodness for a long time breeder friend who rang me and talked me through it. It was a baptism of fire and hopefully everything will be much easier from now!

Good luck Underfoot and congratulations sandgrubber!

Commiserations on the loss of your little one Trisven. I lost a little girl too, she was 2 days old. Mum developed an infection and is only just coming good now. It has been a stressful litter .. my first since 30 years ago, she went into labour 3 days early at midnight, my sister had all her phones off and I had to ring my elderly father to drive around to her house to wake her up and help me with the birth! The first pup was stuck, a true breech with only tail and bum presenting... Thank goodness for a long time breeder friend who rang me and talked me through it. It was a baptism of fire and hopefully everything will be much easier from now!

Wow that sounds like it has been a tough start Brintey.

I've had a little girl who lost a bit of weight early on and has been slower than the others to gain but she has remained strong and active and today had a good gain, almost on a par with some of the others.