Agility At Castle Hill

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could let me know the basic ring setup at castle hill for agility? I have a young dog who has been known to duck into the next ring when they are right next to one another (only been to one trial) I have no club to practice this at and really want to continue trailing him - he has to learn this somehow! But don't want to ruin other people's runs either! Predicaments!! :/

At castle hill you have one ring set up near the bottom of the hill (where the big shelter is), then there is probably about 20m to the next ring (with a trailer of equipment parked in between. Then between the middle ring and the end one you have about 15m with another trailer of equipment. Its probably a bigger gap between rings there than you will find at most trials and perfect for you dogs with the car/trailers in between to block it slightly. They can't really see the other dogs running at all if that is what you are worried about :) You do get people congregating between the rings though.

People don't bother him and dogs standing about are fine too, but dogs running flat out around the course in plain sight is his number 1 distraction! Our only clean run at Newcastle early in the year was as the other course was being walked, otherwise he always seemed to have a line toward the other ring with the dog running across his line of sight!

Sounds like this might be ok for him, will have to enter and see how we go! He's a good dog and we have done a lot to get ready for a trial but just can't quite get him round without distraction! :)