Can Anything Be Done About Online Auction Site Listing Banned /restric

Christina77

New to this part of the Forums so hope that I'm on the right track posting his here :)

Is there anything that can be done either about reporting listings on an online auction site or reporting the site itself when you come across listings of banned/restricted breeds of dogs ?

There's a listing on www.quicksales.com.au with Dogo Argention puppies available , listing number 17932908

It has been reported by several members but the site is not known for sticking to it's own policies or acting on member reports . I'm

really sick of this site's continuous breaches of policies where they let people list animals that contravene State requirements.

I don't claim to know all the State laws on Breeds but I'm pretty sure the Dogo is a prohibited breed since 2010 ? Anyway I thought I'd come for advise and see if something can or should be done or if someone with better knowledge can follow it up.

I'd put money on it being a scam anyway. There are only a handful of Dogo's in the whole country.

What's your aim here anyway, if they existed is your aim to see them all killed?

Edited by melzawelza

I'd put money on it being a scam anyway. There are only a handful of Dogo's in the whole country.

What's your aim here anyway, if they existed is your aim to see them all killed?

What?

I'm trying to figure out what the OP actually wants to happen - as a restricted breed, notifying the authorities of such a litter (if it existed) would surely see the lot euthanased. I'm trying to figure out if this is what she wants or if there is some other reason for the thread.

Maybe she is just genuinely concerned that restricted breeds are being sold in Victoria online to any gronk that wants one.

So ok, better to have them sold, seized and PTS while the sellers pocket the money. You have to calm down about everyone wanting to see bull breeds persecuted.

I actually made no judgement on that in my prior posts, I was simply trying to work out what the OP actually wanted to be done, as it wasn't clear from the OP whether she just wanted the ad gone or to actually notify the authorities of the dogs.

I've never met a Dogo, don't know much about them and don't really consider them to be a bull breed in the sense of the types or dogs I would own, but nice try at the personal dig.

I do, however, know that BSL doesn't protect the community so the thought of a dog person wanting a whole litter of puppies (if they existed) being killed for no reason certainly makes me feel a bit ill.

Edited by melzawelza

So It's better to have banned breeds blatantly sold against the law?

I guess that means It's okay to sell drugs online, or guns. It's only the law afterall, why does it matter.

If you read the OP her objectives are actually stated.

Edited by minimax

Personal dig?

I was only responding because you answered my question. Please put me on ignore if you're taking everything personally.

OP, question answered. That advertiser has been removed from the site, I'm sure she'll pop up again selling british bulldog litters or yorkies. :laugh:

I'd forward the links to the fido scam watch government site. They can forward to customs / relevant state police if they think the dogs are real. But it's more likely a scam.

PS I thought most auction sites had a report this link on them.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

It would be up to the conditions of advertisements of the company listing the classifieds and what is breached, that's all.

Dopes illegal, doesn't mean dope cant be sold online somewhere.

This is definitely a scam though and is a good idea reporting scam, a dumb person who cant see scams from a state where they are allowed to acquire the breed might be duped.

Edited by DaffyDuck

Dopes illegal, doesn't mean dope cant be sold online somewhere.

It could be sold online somewhere - but that wouldn't make it legal. And pretty sure most auction sites (except maybe the ones in Russia and China and Nigeria and similar places), would require the products being sold be legal to be sold - ie no stolen stuff, and no stuff that is illegal to own or sell.

They have a report link for stuff that seems dodgy.

http://www.quicksales.com.au/content/0012005/help/common/safetrading/safetradingcentre.aspx

I know that Mrs Rusty Bucket, all I was saying is it has to do with the company who is listing the items for sale. People can complain all the like if it isnt breaching the policy set out from the company selling these goods, it probably wont get anywhere at all.

Thank you for your reply , I was hoping to hear from those who had professional knowledge but your comment is accepted for what it is

Personal dig?

I was only responding because you answered my question. Please put me on ignore if you're taking everything personally.

OP, question answered. That advertiser has been removed from the site, I'm sure she'll pop up again selling british bulldog litters or yorkies. :laugh:

Yep the seller has been removed . Took some time though.

advertising for sale stuff that is illegal to sell is against their policy.

So my complaint post would go something like - it is illegal to sell or own this type of dog in Australia and if you do not take this down within 24 hours, I will report you for knowingly facilitating an illegal act - which is also illegal. If they're not selling what they advertise - then that's fraud which is also illegal... And I suspect all their ads are scams / fraud.

(and provide some links to support your claim).

http://www.quicksales.com.au/public/agreement.htm

8. Provisions relating to Sellers

(snip)

8.1.2 You shall not offer for sale any Item:

(a) which you are not legally able to sell, or which you cannot sell to the Buyer free from all charges liens and encumbrances;

(b) which is within quicksales's Prohibited Item List or which is in contravention of any law or regulations governing the sale of the same;

once you've told them it's illegal and provided the relevant government law link - then they are knowingly assisting an illegal act - which is also illegal. and it's all against their user agreements.

They're probably very under resourced when it comes to reviewing complaints like these - but you could upgrade and contact the owners of carsales.com.au more directly by email.

Where are we?

carsales.com Limited is located Level 4, 449 Punt Road, Richmond VIC 3121. We can be contacted by phone during AEST business hours on (03) 9093 8600, by facsimile on (03) 9093 8698 or by email at [email protected].

And given they are an ASX listed company - complaining to the regulator of companies http://www.asic.gov.au/ - may also help. Personally given how dodgy the qu !cksales is, I would also be avoiding c4r sal3s.