Vicious Dog Buy Back

Andisa

I can imagine people using a buyback as an excuse to get rid of their unwanted dogs, regardless of whether the dogs have actually shown aggression or not.

This article reminds me of the discussion on the mix 101.1 facebook page now, but Chrissie Swan has taken it even further by questioning the need for any large breed dog. Chrissie's comments in the past indicate she's not an animal lover anyway, but she's another one that really needs to do a bit of research before she speaks.

Chrissie Swan & her just as ignorant offsider Jane Hall should shut their mouths until they are actually prepared to do some research instead of hysterically calling for the eradication of breeds such as GSD's, Rottis & Rhodesians - amongst others.

I've been listening to her unfounded rants yesterday morning & again today where she questions why anyone would want to own a dog that weighs more than 50 kilos - sitting in judgement of people like me as if we are some kind of child killing monsters. Ms Swan hasn't met me or my dogs yet she is of the clear belief that my beautiful dogs have no place in society simply because they weigh more than 50kgs. That appears to be her only criteria to declare large dogs a dangerous menace & a threat to all children.

Strange that Ms Swan didn't have the same level of concern for her own unborn child when she made the decision to smoke cigarettes during the later stages of pregnancy, despite the undisputed FACTUAL evidence that smoking whilst pregnant can have serious long term effects on the health of the foetus.

And don't even start me on how she sent her 'rescue cat' back to the shelter because she found it sleeping in the babies cot.

Wonder if her Bondi Vet buddy Chris Brown shares her extreme views regarding large dogs & dog ownership in general.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it funny that comments are never open for topics such as this, but are there when these pieces of sh!t are asking "is blue the new black"

Sadly this is what happens when you create an environment where reporters can't exist and every news story is now an opinion piece.

And we all know what opinions are like!

The Telecrap is renowned for its sensationalist drivel. I mean what other news agency has front page headlines with words like "WTF and OMG"

I can imagine people using a buyback as an excuse to get rid of their unwanted dogs, regardless of whether the dogs have actually shown aggression or not.

This article reminds me of the discussion on the mix 101.1 facebook page now, but Chrissie Swan has taken it even further by questioning the need for any large breed dog. Chrissie's comments in the past indicate she's not an animal lover anyway, but she's another one that really needs to do a bit of research before she speaks.

Chrissie Swan & her just as ignorant offsider Jane Hall should shut their mouths until they are actually prepared to do some research instead of hysterically calling for the eradication of breeds such as GSD's, Rottis & Rhodesians - amongst others.

I've been listening to her unfounded rants yesterday morning & again today where she questions why anyone would want to own a dog that weighs more than 50 kilos - sitting in judgement of people like me as if we are some kind of child killing monsters. Ms Swan hasn't met me or my dogs yet she is of the clear belief that my beautiful dogs have no place in society simply because they weigh more than 50kgs. That appears to be her only criteria to declare large dogs a dangerous menace & a threat to all children.

Strange that Ms Swan didn't have the same level of concern for her own unborn child when she made the decision to smoke cigarettes during the later stages of pregnancy, despite the undisputed FACTUAL evidence that smoking whilst pregnant can have serious long term effects on the health of the foetus.

And don't even start me on how she sent her 'rescue cat' back to the shelter because she found it sleeping in the babies cot.

Wonder if her Bondi Vet buddy Chris Brown shares her extreme views regarding large dogs & dog ownership in general.

Ah.. so weight is what makes a dog dangerous.

I'd commented elsewhere today that my greyhounds (who are all very tall dogs) had yet to eat either of my children and that perhaps they were broken. As it happens, most of my dogs are around the 30-35kg mark so at least 10kg shy of being baby eaters. Useful to know!

I'd commented elsewhere today that my greyhounds (who are all very tall dogs) had yet to eat either of my children and that perhaps they were broken. As it happens, most of my dogs are around the 30-35kg mark so at least 10kg shy of being baby eaters. Useful to know!

But its all about child safety ppl!!!!! :insert rolly eye man: I just can't believe she has the audacity to question ppl's choice of dog when she doesn't know the family or the dog! Esp when she was caught red handed smoking whilst pregnant!

So that's why Kenny wasn't a baby killer, he only weighed 45kgs. :rofl:

Thats the same person that glorifies her possum killing dog.

I wonder if she will be swapping her dog for a "new life"

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/mirandadevine/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/my_pet_dog_the_killer/

THE secret dread of citified dog owners is that the docile four-legged friend they have loved, pampered and treated like a little human will one day prove that it is anything but.

So it was the other night when I opened my front door to find our cute pet dog Biggles grinning at me, with a dead possum hanging from his mouth. His attitude was all cheeky insouciance, like Bogey, with a cigarette dangling from his lips: “Here’s looking at you kid”.

IMG_0711_thumb.jpg

He wanted praise and admiration. Instead there was pandemonium. The mother shrieks. The door slams. The child comes downstairs and bursts into tears. The horror of it all. Exasperated husband, a farm boy, prises possum from dog’s reluctant jaws and chucks it in the bin.

Thank God it was garbage night.

Previously, our biggest worry about the possums which invade our garden each night to eviscerate our mango tree had been that Biggles might get hurt. Possums look cute but they are vicious little things with sharp claws and a feral disposition.

You regularly hear howls from the North Shore cats who try to take them on. We used to tease Biggles about being a big sook.

Little did we know.

It was pure instinct that had our 18-month-old border collie-labrador cross pounce on that possum, sink his fangs into its throat and shake it vigorously to break its neck. It was all over in a second, ruthlessly efficient.

For such a gentle, amiable dog, who has never seen an animal killed, or shown any interest in doing more than bark, here he was, by instinct, a perfect killing machine. The genetic memory of his wolf ancestors engraved in his DNA was ready in an instant to transform him into something we didn’t dare suspect.

Now we look at him with different eyes. Biggles is a killer.

Grudgingly I admire his hidden talent but it will take a while to warm up to him again.

My dog-loving friends scoff when I say, today it’s possums, tomorrow it’s babies, but it does go to show you can never be complacent when sharing your life with another species.

Who could forget French woman Isabelle Dinoire, the first person to undergo a face transplant – a face transplant she needed because her pet Labrador chewed her face while she was unconscious.

At least the pet dogs in Oklahoma who feasted on their owner last week waited until she was dead. The woman’s headless body was found in her house two months after she went missing. Tulsa police said she had died of natural causes and her dogs had been eating parts of her body ever since.

Ghastly though the scene must have been, if you look at it from a dog’s point of view, it’s a perfectly pragmatic solution to the predicament they found themselves in. Owner is dead. She doesn’t need her body. We’re hungry because she’s not feeding us. Presto! No malice intended.

Dog lovers will be glad to know that, after the initial shock, Biggles is now basking in a newfound position of respect in the family, as swashbuckling hero.

We know he was just doing what dogs do, defending his territory, and dispatching a creature he knew was a pest.

But his encounter with the possum was a reminder of what Alexandra Horowitz says in her brilliant book “Inside of a Dog”, that the biggest mistake you can commit with a pet is anthropomorphism – attributing human characteristics to an animal.

In any case, cats are apparently much worse. I have a friend whose sweet dozy cat by day used to turn into Jack the Ripper by night. It would disembowel possums and select some morsel from the steaming entrails to deposit as an offering at the foot of my friend’s bed.

When she woke in the morning the first thing her feet would encounter was the cold squish of a fresh heart between the toes.

Erk.

She's a $"@&*^ moron. Why on earth would she think ANYONE would listen to her?!

Writer of the article is obviously a moron aswell.

I really cant see people giving up their dogs to be destroyed then just go pick another one out at the pound....

That's what they want them to do :eek: , this is so over the top and laughable that it is quite scary to think a human can go on national media and actually have it come out of her mouth.

Look what happened with the buy back scheme for the guns......people are still being killed.....

Ok can just see the big macho tattooed guy turning in his 'nasty' macho dog and coming out with a cute poodle (Joke, so don't can me please)

Load of rubbish :mad

Don't laugh..........we have one of them around our way, a council worker, tats, beared work boots and shorts walks a white Miniature Poodle and it does look a bit weird not the type of dog you would expect a guy of that appearance would own. I caught up with him one day and said "oh, your wife's dog" and he so no the poodle is his dog isn't she cute........his wife has a Doberman.....true story :rofl: