Oncologist Recommendations In Sydney

Dave73

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Update,

Not good unfortunately there was a spot on her lungs very very small but its there. Best case scenario we might have her for another 6 months at best. We are trying a new chemo but they don't sound confident. Thankfully its a painless cancer and once it starts to effect her breathing we will give my girl her wings. Totally numb and devastated, was really confident that she was going to beat this cancer but it just proves you cannot beat Haemangioma sarcoma.

Edited by Dave73

Deepest sympathies for you and your girl. You and she have fought hard. I hope the next fees months are full of good times making good memories.

And from down here in the Apple Isle. From what we can tell on here, you are so very lucky to have each other - and we know you will make the best of whatever time you have left. All dogs should be so loved.

I am sorry to hear about this latest update Dave. I know the feeling of thinking you're ahead of this blasted beast only to find out you're deluding yourself. I can tell you that you've done everything humanly possible for your girl, but that doesn't help.

As you say, it is a painless cancer and that's the only consolation. I hope the new chemo brings some good results without side effects.

Hugs to you and your family.

Thanks everyone the wife and I are still a bit numb in shock!!! But she has had he first chemo today and seems fine she is so full of energy. But as the oncologist said its so small it wouldn't be effecting her at all at the moment. Hopefully it helps and slows it down that's all I can hope for know. She is going to have regular xrays to track the tumour as I don't want to wait till it bleeds. I want to let her go before any discomfort like that.

She is great, chemo doesn't seem to bother her. She goes to sash next week. We went to the natural vet at Russell lea and they are throwing everything at her to help. We also chatted about the day we let her go which was hard but good to sort it. Can't cry anymore but I'm still gutted.

She is great, chemo doesn't seem to bother her. She goes to sash next week. We went to the natural vet at Russell lea and they are throwing everything at her to help. We also chatted about the day we let her go which was hard but good to sort it. Can't cry anymore but I'm still gutted.

Russell Lea are just the best.

SASH is also just the best.

And guess what?

You are just the best furkid parent too.

Ongoing HUGS & prayers for strength for all of you and many happy moments.

:love:

Sounds like good news. I'm glad the chemo is not affecting her (as much as it's affecting you!) I really hope that all your efforts buy her more time. She could not have landed herself in a better home than yours. Let us know how she progresses.

I will keep you posted. She goes today for a blood test to check if the chemo needs tweaking. We will see if it working in a 3 weeks if its not we will take her off chemo all together even though it doesn't seem to bother her she is eating well very well actually (Porter House steak ) and number 2s are perfect and no vomiting. But we will know more in 3 weeks after the next Xray.