New Vet - Visit

luvsdogs

I took my 2 dogs to the vets today for their annual k9 cough vaccinations. Same practice, new owners. The previous owners always routinely gave C7 vaccinations & because I'm getting a new puppy next week I've been looking for a new vet. My dogs have been going to the same practice for about 30 years. My parents & my aunt also used to go there in the early '60s.

So, I thought I'd suss out the new vets who have practices all over Sydney & Figtree South Coast. They are called vetfriends. Does anyone in Sydney use any of their practices & if so how do you find them? http://vetfriends-px.rtrk.com.au/

The vet I saw only works there Mondays & Tuesdays & I found her to be very willing to answer all of my queries. I asked about their policy on vaccinations re puppies & she told me they routinely use C5 vaccinations & only give C7 if the client asks for it. Dependant on when puppies receive their 1st vacs, they will do 2 or 3 puppy shots, but mostly seems to be 3 which is what the old vets always did. Both dogs had their tri-annual vaccinations last year & looking back 2 years to when Tilba had her k9 cough vaccination the bill this year was about $20 cheaper & for some reason Panda's JS was $12 dearer than Tilba's? :confused:

Anyway on the whole I was happy with the visit.

ETA While I was waiting to see the vet an old lady & her 17 y/o mini foxie came out. She pointed at I thought my BC & asked if she was a Husky. I said no a Border Collie. Then I realised my mistake :laugh: & said (my little white fluffy)he's a Japanese Spitz & that huskies were also Spitz. She said she'd never heard of Spitz before. I then told her that Poms were also a Spitz breed.

Edited by luvsdogs

I took my 2 dogs to the vets today for their annual k9 cough vaccinations. Same practice, new owners. The previous owners always routinely gave C7 vaccinations & because I'm getting a new puppy next week I've been looking for a new vet. My dogs have been going to the same practice for about 30 years. My parents & my aunt also used to go there in the early '60s.

So, I thought I'd suss out the new vets who have practices all over Sydney & Figtree South Coast. They are called vetfriends. Does anyone in Sydney use any of their practices & if so how do you find them? http://vetfriends-px.rtrk.com.au/

The vet I saw only works there Mondays & Tuesdays & I found her to be very willing to answer all of my queries. I asked about their policy on vaccinations re puppies & she told me they routinely use C5 vaccinations & only give C7 if the client asks for it. Dependant on when puppies receive their 1st vacs, they will do 2 or 3 puppy shots, but mostly seems to be 3 which is what the old vets always did. Both dogs had their tri-annual vaccinations last year & looking back 2 years to when Tilba had her k9 cough vaccination the bill this year was about $20 cheaper & for some reason Panda's JS was $12 dearer than Tilba's? :confused:

Anyway on the whole I was happy with the visit.

ETA While I was waiting to see the vet an old lady & her 17 y/o mini foxie came out. She pointed at I thought my BC & asked if she was a Husky. I said no a Border Collie. Then I realised my mistake :laugh: & said (my little white fluffy)he's a Japanese Spitz & that huskies were also Spitz. She said she'd never heard of Spitz before. I then told her that Poms were also a Spitz breed.

Yes Vetfriends is a franchise, they took over the vetinary practice where I take my dogs some years ago now. I have used my local one for years and been very happy. They may not be the cheapest but they are certainly not the most expensive. PM me if you would like further info.