Rising Stars Of 2014

dotdashdot

Thank you, we got 7 more points today with a bitch challenge :D Nala's breeder was happy for us as it's the first BOB out of the 3 Neilros kids being shown.

well done on Dare's achievements, there were a few fields there this weekend and I happily told my mum what breed they were when she commented on how nice they were. I wish we got to share our ring with gundogs and hounds, I much prefer watching them over toys and terriers.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to all the DOLer rising stars, particularly Dotdashdot on Nala's first points and a fringey :thumbsup:

Looks like we have some real cuties due to hit the ring soon as well :)

I have been blown away with how well my girl has done so far in the ring. Reija (or Rat as she is more commonly known :laugh: ) achieved her title at 8 months and 6 days old with a 15 point Best of Breed under an international judge which then meant we didn't have to use the 2x 6 point challenges she earnt along the way to apply for her title so all her points were gained against older competition :thumbsup:

Then this weekend she went into her last show in Minor with me handling and won MINOR PUPPY IN SHOW!!!

82a3bd15-f85a-4565-825e-6f0091180851_zps9d25aef9.jpg

Reija now gets to stay with her breeder for the next 7 weeks as I run away to Europe (where I will get to meet my Rising Star for next year :D ) and she has her last show in Minor this weekend then on to Puppy :)

• 2 months later...

I'm hoping Neko, Roskyle Too Many Kisses will be a rising star of 2015 as she was only lightly shown this year. Although she won most classes she was entered in, it was only because she was the only one there!! I'd like her to win against more competition next year. Her most exciting win this year though was just recently when she won her class at the Royal Melbourne Show! That was pretty exciting. Her brother did even better taking RUBOB.

I didn't manage to get all the dogs in the line up.

15189202538_2c7f45cd1f_b.jpg5F6A4872dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

15189108490_b8e1596031_b.jpg5F6A4869dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Well done Kirslin :thumbsup:

Reija has continued to be a star with 2/4 Puppy in Show awards at the WDC of WA shows over September and October as well as rBCC from a big entry (40+) of Finnish Lapphunds at Melbourne Royal and BCC/rBOB from a good entry (12 dogs) at Perth Royal :thumbsup:

However she has now decided since the sun is rising earlier we should be up and active by 5.30am :rofl::eek::sleep:

It's been a long while since I've had a rising star to share, but I have one now :thumbsup:

Joe (Weisnjac Lets Get Rocked) is doing me super proud!

5 x Baby Puppy in Group, 2 x Baby Puppy in Show , Baby of Breed at the Royal Melb Show & 1st in a big Baby Sweepstakes!

Still another month to go before he moves on up with the big kids.

Here is a pic of him winning Baby in Show at the Geelong Royal, and one of him relaxing at home. He is such a funny puppy :heart:

10698397_10205255289331827_7816326820644145426_n_zpsc66bfcd6.jpg

P1080486_zps041d6641.jpg

I'll be disappointed if they un-wonk :laugh:

They had better un-wonk :laugh:

Congratulations Rebanne! I saw your brilliant wins on the weekend and didn't realise who it was laugh.gif

Yep that was me with my Parti dogs :laugh: Are you going to Albury? cause we will be there, then at Holbrook. Come and say hello

Congratulations Rebanne! I saw your brilliant wins on the weekend and didn't realise who it was laugh.gif

Yep that was me with my Parti dogs :laugh: Are you going to Albury? cause we will be there, then at Holbrook. Come and say hello

No I'm not unfortunately, I have uni exams so thought I should give Albury a miss. Then I have an agility seminar instead of Holbrook. We are attempting to do everything laugh.gif

I don't think there will be anymore shows for us until next year. But I guess I can actually contribute to this thread now. Nova is a Junior dog and not a puppy but we've just had our first three show weekends and in our first weekend we got two Best of Breeds biggrin.gif

We went from shocking in the ring to Nova not breaking his gait once at The Rock! I was very proud of him for that!

Edited by LisaCC

• 1 month later...

Well done to everyone this year!

The GSD didn't turn out as nice as the breeder and I thought but waiting for her hips and elbows... My papillons have been shown lightly due to work commitments, but my minor puppy bitch won opposite minor puppy bitch in show at the specialty :D:D:D

e2bcaaae081f7aeca70068342c481d9b.jpg

b4eff1e54376f2bdb4ea28743ee448c8.jpg

Nice movement of her...

My dog won baby puppy of breed at the Adelaide Royal.:p

2631193af7011c0bb797365b3a8a1024.jpg

Edited by JessicaM

Nearly the end of the year, everyone babies have done so well!

Joe (My JRT) had a bit of a set back about a month ago when he tried to play with a Red Belly Black Snake and found out that snakes don't play nice.. :( Luckily I was home at the time so raced straight to the vets with three JRT's. Three in the yard (His mum & aunty had the snake in half when I found them), only he was bitten. He practically spent the weekend in the vets being treated and spending a night on the drip. Worst. weekend. ever.

Fast forward to today, he has had his first two weekends in Minor Puppy and has picked up 3 x Minor in Groups, 1 x Minor in show & 20 CC points! So proud of him :heart:

He also made the cover of the DOGS Vic calendar for 2015 :D

Scary times Weisnjac! Glad he is ok and is back doing well in the ring. There have been a lot of dogs getting bitten by snakes this year :(

Well done JessicaM, what little cuties you have! Love Papillons :heart:

LisaCC, well done on your BOB wins as well :D

Rebanne, have the ears unwonked yet?