Bsl In Victoria

Grumpy

New to this site...found it researching BSL laws and hoping to contribute in any way possible.

Yes I have a mature 'red nose' who I was lucky enough to rescue prior to the knee jerk legislation introduced into Victoria.

Luckily I reside in a suburb of Melbourne where the local authorities have not be over jealous in enforcing this ridiculous law, he lives very happily.....and for those who come across a 'problem' I'll share an experience....

Was visiting my elderly father in Tassie a couple of years ago and a enforcement officer approached my elderly father who was in the front (fenced) yard with 'Shovel'

This 'human' was immediately aggressive about the presence of a pitbull and seemed that he was going to take immediate action. Thankfully Dad stated that he was my

Dog and registered in Victoria...and just visiting. Dude lost interest and disappeared really fast....

Shovel is the first, but not last pitbull that I will have the pleasure of looking after. Previously been a responsible owner of a number of other breeds throughout my lifetime, I have found him to be the most balanced dog, much like the others I have known.

Never give up. Read about the shadow ministers proposal changes to BSL legistration in Victoria....what next?

New to this site...found it researching BSL laws and hoping to contribute in any way possible.

Yes I have a mature 'red nose' who I was lucky enough to rescue prior to the knee jerk legislation introduced into Victoria.

Luckily I reside in a suburb of Melbourne where the local authorities have not be over jealous in enforcing this ridiculous law, he lives very happily.....and for those who come across a 'problem' I'll share an experience....

Was visiting my elderly father in Tassie a couple of years ago and a enforcement officer approached my elderly father who was in the front (fenced) yard with 'Shovel'

This 'human' was immediately aggressive about the presence of a pitbull and seemed that he was going to take immediate action. Thankfully Dad stated that he was my

Dog and registered in Victoria...and just visiting. Dude lost interest and disappeared really fast....

Shovel is the first, but not last pitbull that I will have the pleasure of looking after. Previously been a responsible owner of a number of other breeds throughout my lifetime, I have found him to be the most balanced dog, much like the others I have known.

Never give up. Read about the shadow ministers proposal changes to BSL legistration in Victoria....what next?

Yes, the pit bulls I have known have all been marvelous dogs. I have had around 15 or more rescue pit bulls come through my back yard escaping the horrors of NSW, Qld and Victoria. A lot of crap is spouted about how pit bulls are 'fighting dogs' and therefore untrustworthy, but the reality is that these dogs are the most dependable and staunch dogs you'd ever know. 'Staunch' is an old word that is not commonly used now in Australian English but it describes well the pit bulls I have had the pleasure to know-

"stalwart, loyal, faithful, trusty, committed, devoted, dedicated, dependable, reliable, steady, constant, hard-working, vigorous, stable, firm, steadfast, redoubtable, resolute, unswerving, unwavering, unhesitating, unfaltering........."

These dogs are just the best of dogs, ever.

ricey

My big tiger brindle pit bull Hobbes is 13 going on 14 years old now. Not much longer for this world; a bit arthritic, a lot deaf, so grey around the muzzle. But still a puppy, and the best dog I have ever known.

And he is still the best ratter I know; makes most Jack Russells look amateurish.

My next dog (if I get a next dog, I'm not sure about that right now) will be a rescue pit bull terrier and I will call him Staunch. At least I will be sure that there'll be no other dog in the park that answers to that name.

I do think that it is very sad that the American Pit Bull Terrier is the current "evil hound"; just the current popular press "hound of the Baskervilles". The German Shepherd, the Rottweiler, the Doberman all go before the American Pit Bull Terrier as "evil dogs", and no doubt the pit bull will be followed by the Akita, and the Neapolitan Mastiff, and the Great Dane, and the Labrador, and the standard poodle.

ricey

Edited by ricey