Dogs As Bedfellows

sandgrubber

103 members have voted

1. 1. What do(es) your dog(s) do in bed that annoys you?

• Snore
    • Hog the bed
    • Leave sand and 'presents' in the bed
    • Sleep on top of you
    • Scratch and jiggle the bed
    • Fart
    • Other (explain)
    • Nothing. Bed manners are great!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for hog the bed, leave presents and lie on top of me.

I usually end up squeezed in one position along the side of the bed not able to move anywhere while the dogs surround me. They technically don't sleep on top of me, they just arrange themselves so that they're all leaning against me on either side so I can move.

I'm not sure what kind of 'presents' you menat sg :p but mind have a knack for putting tiny chewed up shards of plastic in the bed so when I get in or roll over I get stabbed :mad

Nothing :) I loved having the D on the bed... on the rare occasion he would snore I would be like "awww.. he's so exhausted he's snoring".. then if the fianced dared snored it was an elbow in the side and a 'shut up you're snoring!!!'

I let him on the bed when I was home sick last week and just loved snuggling up to him.

Little Taz on the other hand loves to walk all over your sensitive bits when you least expect it.

Elsie only comes onto the bed for cuddles in the morning, if my partner is away I let her sleep on the bed a few times but she is too annoying wanting to get under the covers, then gets hot and gets out, then wants under again so paws until I lift them up... And if I don't she pushes them down while trying to get under them. If I grump at her she gets off the bed and whines at the door to go to her crate!

Nothing :) I loved having the D on the bed... on the rare occasion he would snore I would be like "awww.. he's so exhausted he's snoring".. then if the fianced dared snored it was an elbow in the side and a 'shut up you're snoring!!!'

I let him on the bed when I was home sick last week and just loved snuggling up to him.

Little Taz on the other hand loves to walk all over your sensitive bits when you least expect it.

HA HA HA!!! "... on the ... occasion he would snore I would be like "awww.. he's so exhausted he's snoring".. then if the fianced dared snored it was an elbow in the side and a 'shut up you're snoring!!!'"

Yep, that describes my situation pretty accurately, too.

Scottie gets in for cuddles occasionally. He got into bed for a few hours this morning - I assume he was cold. He's not a big fan of staying in bed and will usually get down / prefer to stay on the mat at the foot of the bed.

That said, I have been away for work fro 4 days and I note he's clearly been in our bed, a LOT, during work hours as hubby hasn't been closing the hall door properly. Which is an absolute No-no.

Don't worry. Hubby got in trouble for not eliminating the temptation.

I only voted hog the bed... she just has to stretch out as long as she can, back legs out straight, front paws out like Superman, and upside down, horizontally across the entire bed.

I don't mind it so much though as I like to feel her pressed up against me when I sleep - and always feel a little sad or rejected when she moves to sleep at the end of her bed or in her crate! :laugh:

Mine spoon me when it is cold but aside from that I can often be found only half on the bed because they need to spread out. I also find lots of present - sticks mainly but soggy toilet rolls are also common so a quick clean before getting into bed at night is essential for personal safety. Tempeh is also into scratching and licking while the rest of us are trying to sleep. I think she gets too hot. Her other bad habit is that she has to scrunch the bed linen into a ball during the day. When I get up I spread out the sheet and doona cover. Half an hour later she has it bunched into a nest right near my pillow and is fast asleep there. Before I go to sleep at night, after I check for sticks, I spread the linen back out and it starts all over again.

I used to have a snorer and a farter. Special times.

Aja is really good, she just lies down the end on the side. Not so good as a bed warmer when it's cold though. My old guy Jamie was good for that, he'd stretch out on my left side and Aja would be down around my knees on the right. I used to lie there without moving so I didn't disturb them :).

I am sad to admit that I no longer sleep with my dogs in/on the bed regularly at night. I am married now and there is simply no room for both of us and 3 Rottweilers.

However, I voted OTHER because if OH is away or I am unwell or having a nana nap, I will often bring one into bed with me. And what bothers me then is I struggle to sleep properly because I worry about her rolling off the bed in her sleep. We have a really high bed and I will wake to see her dangerously close to the edge with her back to it. It freaks me out, so I often end up putting her onto the floor after getting tired of adjusting her.... but I do LOVE her being there. :D She is probably fully aware of exactly where she is laying and wouldn't fall off, but the worrying disturbs me for sure.

I like spooning my dogs in bed if I am cold, it comforts me... is that weird??? :rofl:

Edited by Starkehre

Nothing really annoys me. Kayla doesn't like to sleep on the bed anymore, so it's only Annie and Maxie.

Maxie is pretty good. Most of the year he sleeps in the same spot, on the pillow next to me. Except on cold winter nights when he snuggles under the doona - he gets under, leans on me and slides down, so he is pushed up as close to me as possible, then puts his head on my pillow. He is a creature of habit!

Annie is a bit more adventurous and changes spots during the night. She's only small, but I'm still not left with much room when she curls up in the middle of the bed. On cold nights, she will give me a polite tap on the shoulder with her paw to let me know when she needs to come under the doona. :laugh:

There should be a "nothing" option, as I love my guys sleeping on my bed, even when they sleep on my head and hog the blankets or paw at my face to let me know they are cold and need to get under the blankets.

Edited by minimax

Mine no longer sleep on the bed (2 snoring Bulldogs that move around during the night is not good for a restful sleep) but when they did they would occasionally snore and rearrange themselves. They also took up a lot of space and I'd often find myself in an uncomfortable position and wouldn't do anything about it so I didn't wake them.

They sleep in crates in the dining room now and I'm sleeping heaps better and they haven't died from the neglect yet!

Olle really isn't a bad dog to share a bed with. The worst thing he ever did was fart, but he rarely does that since I started raw feeding. He does tend to hog the bed when he first gets on it, but unless I fell asleep within about 10 minutes he usually gets off with a sigh to lie on the floor. He gets back on the bed during the night. Apparently I am the bed jiggler in this relationship. He leaves bits of leaves and sticks on the bed, but not in the bed since he is a hot bod most of the time.

Edited by emgem