Puppy Doesn't Like New Sleeping Arrangements

dididog

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try a bean bag type of bed. Dogs just love bean bags, they are warm soft and oh so cumfy. I have bought these for my dogs http://www.ambientlounge.com.au/bean-bags/gold-class-bean-bags/pet-lounger-bean-bags/pet-lounger-bean-bag.html

These are not cheap...but the top part zips off for easy cleaning and they are very strong and sturdy.

I opened that link because for a moment I forgot Grover was dead... I'm addicted to buying the perfect dog bed; he had seven (and he had one like that).

eta

Sorry Terri S, I hope you don't mind me talking about him; I didn't mean to derail your thread :)

Not at all it's fine, sorry you're missing your little guy! :hug: Those little force of habbit things really get you the most.

Does the squishing sound of the beans get annoying? Didi's quite the fidget bum and I can only imagine the amount of noise she'd make all night. If she gets used to sleeping on a bed I'll save up and buy a nice one, but I've just bought her the trampoline bed so its hard to justify buying another one a few day's later... I really need a job!

Try a bean bag type of bed. Dogs just love bean bags, they are warm soft and oh so cumfy. I have bought these for my dogs http://www.ambientlounge.com.au/bean-bags/gold-class-bean-bags/pet-lounger-bean-bags/pet-lounger-bean-bag.html

These are not cheap...but the top part zips off for easy cleaning and they are very strong and sturdy.

I opened that link because for a moment I forgot Grover was dead... I'm addicted to buying the perfect dog bed; he had seven (and he had one like that).

eta

Sorry Terri S, I hope you don't mind me talking about him; I didn't mean to derail your thread :)

Not at all it's fine, sorry you're missing your little guy! :hug: Those little force of habbit things really get you the most.

When I had 4 cats sleeping on my bed after they were desexed I put silky/satin type doona covers on & pillow cases. The hair doesn't stick to them at all.

They are not terribly expensive to buy if you look out for sales & specials.

That way the hair goes on the floor so your mum won't see it on the bedding & you can have the dog on your bed & everyone is happy :)

As I type Didi has been sound asleep for 3 hours... I should probably take advantage of this and sleep too but meh. The doona cover I have now is mostly satiny (has a pattern) but her fur is really short and sharp and just stabs through everything ! I think she was just being a sooky puppy and the bed isn't that bad, she has the exact same one outside that she likes to sleep on and that doesn't have all the soft blankies and doona on it like her indoor bed does.

Another problem I am encountering is when she is snoring her head off I can't reach over and give her a nudge to wake her up and get her to stop :laugh:

Well I think I over reacted a bit about nothing! Last two nights puppy has gone right to her bed when I've said it's bed time and hasn't done anymore sooking and carrying on :thumbsup: . Although I did wake up last night to a certain wet nose and slobbery kiss on my face... she's too tall now, I'll have to start sleeping in the middle of the bed :laugh:

Well I think I over reacted a bit about nothing! Last two nights puppy has gone right to her bed when I've said it's bed time and hasn't done anymore sooking and carrying on :thumbsup: . Although I did wake up last night to a certain wet nose and slobbery kiss on my face... she's too tall now, I'll have to start sleeping in the middle of the bed :laugh:

Ha ha ha - sounds pretty good :thumbsup: Nothing like midnight kisses :D :D

Does the squishing sound of the beans get annoying? Didi's quite the fidget bum and I can only imagine the amount of noise she'd make all night. If she gets used to sleeping on a bed I'll save up and buy a nice one, but I've just bought her the trampoline bed so its hard to justify buying another one a few day's later... I really need a job!

FYI Yes the noise of the beans get's very annoying...

FYI Yes the noise of the beans get's very annoying...

Yep no thanks, one of those is not going in my room! Cute doggy though :)

Glad you persisted - there is nothing wrong with the trampoline bed you bought her and you have made it very snuggly. She will be perfectly happy and so will your mum which is even better :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

Despite me saying no for a while Vinnie sleeps with us.

I wash him at least once a week along with all our doonas/covers/sheets. We haven't got dog smell thankfully.

We have a trampoline bed like that in our room which he'll happily go on when we don't want him there like when I have a migraine or it's really hot, but he can see both of us and he always has a worn shirt from either of us to snuggle with.

He wears a vest or jammies when it's really cold made from polar fleece which I've made. He's not a fan of them being on his legs but the vest is a hit.

If you're really struggling try using some adaptil just to settle her.

I like my pets on the bed sleeping, sometimes there are 2 cats and the dog with us. Vinnie prefers being at our feet and will wake us with a snoofle and light chew on the hand when he needs to wee.

We're doing pretty well now, Didi likes her bed and when I get fed up with her (which tends to happen when your 30kg puppy wants to sleep ON you) she will go on her bed. Sometimes she'll just go and lie on it by herself while we're all in another room. I have a sheet on top of my other bedding so she ca sleep on my bed more and I just make sure the bed is staying clean.

Didi is gorgeous! My large breed has been munching on her nylabone in her crate, noisy girl.

I buy baby wipes (organic bamboo) and use them a lot for the dogs. Just wipe them over to remove loose coat, dust and dirt etc. I find it freshens the dogs up really well, esspecially before bed :)