Beauceron Needs A New Home

brightstar123

Why not get the sterile implant done if you aren't going to spay him & rely on the new owners or a vasectomy ,It may be enough to help whilst a suitable home is looked for & weed out the wannebes to the i love this breed even though its not for breeding ,It would be ashame to see it crossed & create some powerful dogs that will make the breed look bad

Edited by showdog

I would hesitate to desex him yet. He could be a very valuable stud in the right hands. I wouldn't do anything until I had heard from his breeder. And being a stud dog does not mean he would not be very much loved etc.

I actually agree with Rebanne. If there is someone out there who has been considering bringing this breed to Aus and he is assessed as suitable for use as a stud then it would be a great head start to not have to import a male. It would be good I think if he could somehow be assessed for conformation to get an idea of what the options may be for his future, wonder if there is a visiting or expat judge that may know the breed somewhere.

Import doesn't equate to should be breed though

His papers may not even be for showing/breeding especially if the original owner planned to spay ,the breeder may not even be registered with FCI/french kennel club just breeds them for working .

Papers could mean anything .

Im sure the OP nows what will work best though but either way this dog entire could fall into the wrong hands & there not your run of the mill nature to cross breed with if that happened

Yes that is another reason why he is still entire. He could be very valuable to the right person. However obviously his potential as a stud is a secondary concern to just finding him a suitable loving home with someone who is prepared to work with him.

Brighstar, I'm French and happy to help with translating / liaising with the breeder if that helps. They are a reasonably popular breed in France (there were a few in my immediate family) but can be a lot of dog (just like any large working breed really)

How did he get released from the pound without being neutered ??? In the ACT it is legislated that all dogs must be neutered/speyed unless the owner takes out a breeding permit ? I hope you find him a lovely home

DAS doesn't do the desexing themselves, they release dogs with a voucher for it to be done so it relies on the person actually getting it done themselves.

Great idea about contacting his breeder!

Ok they used to desex . But I note the condition of release ...

All dogs released from the DAS Shelter must comply with de-sexing requirement in accordance with the Domestic Animals Act 2000, within 28 days of their release.

So therefore that dog must be desexed...

How did he get released from the pound without being neutered ??? In the ACT it is legislated that all dogs must be neutered/speyed unless the owner takes out a breeding permit ? I hope you find him a lovely home

DAS doesn't do the desexing themselves, they release dogs with a voucher for it to be done so it relies on the person actually getting it done themselves.

Great idea about contacting his breeder!

Ok they used to desex . But I note the condition of release ...

All dogs released from the DAS Shelter must comply with de-sexing requirement in accordance with the Domestic Animals Act 2000, within 28 days of their release.

So therefore that dog must be desexed...

Thats if they have the time or want to follow up with the dogs.

Brighstar, I'm French and happy to help with translating / liaising with the breeder if that helps. They are a reasonably popular breed in France (there were a few in my immediate family) but can be a lot of dog (just like any large working breed really)

FB, are there any Australian-French online newspapers. bulletin boards etc that this boy's need for an appreciative home could be listed on?

I have messaged you back. Oh to have the space dammit :p

What's one more?! Haha. ;)

(That's the attitude that makes OH give me the evil eye these days)

I feel your pain Steph. I sent Rick a link for a really cute golden cocker on pet rescue and his response was the following image...

no_zpsafb8eea9.jpg

I have messaged you back. Oh to have the space dammit :p

What's one more?! Haha. ;)

(That's the attitude that makes OH give me the evil eye these days)

I feel your pain Steph. I sent Rick a link for a really cute golden cocker on pet rescue and his response was the following image...

no_zpsafb8eea9.jpg

Rick and Brooke should be friends. I've just taken in another cat. My reasoning was he has 3 legs so its not even a whole cat! He just sighed and I took that to mean "okay darling, do what makes you happy" haha.

Sorry. Totally OT. :o

got a home for him down here ready and waiting with one of the most experienced people in the country with working dogs.

I have PMd you the contact he wants the dog ASAP. Loving home guarenteed he's a dear friend of mine and treats dogs better then most people treat their children.