Going To Bright Victoria For Holiday

Badbee

My OH , our dog Abby and I are going to Bright in Victoria from the Illawarra at the end of May for a holiday. Is there anything we need to be aware of such as ticks or different dog laws/rules for Victoria?

I wouldn't worry about ticks, as far as I'm aware there is no paralysis tick in the alpine region and in May it's probably getting a bit cold as well.

I think most of the rules are the same, no dogs are allowed in national parks and usually need to stay on a lead in state parks.

The council website isn't exactly forth coming with info on on leash and off leash areas but I've found generally non fenced ovals are off leash

If you decide to take them up the hill to the snowfields, you need to make sure you drive through hotham to dinner plain (hotham is national park, dinner plain isn't). Make sure you don't take them into the national park as they do a lot of fox baiting. Dinner plain is about 15-20 minutes past hotham and is very dog friendly though. If there is a lot of snow the drive up the hill is a big scary though!