Things To Do With Dogs - Sunshine Coast Qld

colliehound

Hi

Myself and my partner are going to the Sunshine Coast for a few nights in late May. We will have our three dogs with us.

We have found a wonderful accommodation place that welcomes the dogs. They also offer massage and in house dinners etc.

However what do DOL'ers suggest to do during the day? We thought a visit to the beach, the Eumundi markets on Wednesday, any other ideas of things we can do with the pooches? Do any of the touristy things allow dogs? Ginger Farm, Crystal Palace etc?

Thanks!!

Hi

Myself and my partner are going to the Sunshine Coast for a few nights in late May. We will have our three dogs with us.

We have found a wonderful accommodation place that welcomes the dogs. They also offer massage and in house dinners etc.

However what do DOL'ers suggest to do during the day? We thought a visit to the beach, the Eumundi markets on Wednesday, any other ideas of things we can do with the pooches? Do any of the touristy things allow dogs? Ginger Farm, Crystal Palace etc?

Thanks!!

Sadly I don't think any of the places you have mentioned will allow dogs, also you will have to check which beaches are dog friendly.

I have seen dogs walking through the Eumundi markets, but it's crowded and hot, and I'm not sure how much fun it is for the dogs. Ginger factory I know wouldn't allow dogs, it's basically a gift store and cafe. I've never been to the Crystal Palace but by the sounds of it, it would be much the same. Can always give them a call though.

Coolum beach is dog friendly, you can take them on leash on the surf beach, but north of the caravan park there's a huge stretch of gorgeous beach where dogs can run off leash. We go there often.

Would love to know where you're staying. We spend a week in Coolum often, there's a great dog friendly house there near the dog beach but always looking for other alternatives.

Enjoy your holiday. :-)

We went up to Morayfield in January to collect the new puppy.

We stayed at Nambour & moved around both before & after collecting him.

I used this site to find places

http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/sitePage.cfm?code=dog-off-leash-areas

The facilities were good, we are going to go back with the monster for some QLD showing.

We hope to make more fun of the beaches. He loved the expanse of Maleny Shpwground & being cuddled by his Dad.

Hope you have a wonderful time

:thumbsup:

There is a massive stretch of Beach that runs between sunrise beach down to peregian - all off lead. Dogs onlead are welcome at the Eumundi Markets and by May the weather should be cooler :)

If you want to head in closer to noosa, they can't be on the beach at noosa heads (hastings st), but there is an excellent, calm Beach at the very end of Hastings St (the spit). Well behaved dogs are also welcome at a few of the cafes along there.

Thanks everyone. That is very helpful.

We generally go to Eumundi on the Wednesday, not Saturday and really really early - so it is a lot cooler and quieter.

Those beach tips are also helpful.

Will check out that website Vislamomma.

Will send you details of where we are staying Workingdoglover. A south african themed place. The lady has been very helpful.

If anyone can think of more things to do - please do let me know!!

Thanks