Behaviorist Reccs Please

SIL's 7 month female Border Collie pup seems to be getting aggressive with men. I haven't seen the behavior myself, but SIL describes the little miss as going off when strange men come to the property. SIL is keen to get on top of it ASAP and friends have recommended bark busters to her which she was planning on contacting after the public holiday today. I said I'd ask on here for behaviorist recommendations as I'm pretty sure I recall a good one is nearby but can't remember. SIL lives on the Mornington Peninsula, Vic.

She'll travel that far? Awesome! Will pass details onto SIL.

Any reason I should encourage SIL to avoid Bark Busters? I haven't used them myself so have no idea. Feel free to PM.

Would you have your family car serviced by an amateur who 'reads' a manual?

:eek:

Cosmolo Cheers! Will pass your details on :thumbsup:.

VislaMomma thanks for thoughts on why not to go with BB.

JulesP I agree about this being unusual behavior which is why I'd like to supply SIL with contacts for people who can help. Pup just spent a few days camping with our extended family and their dogs - about 20ish people of all ages and sexes and 5 dogs (2BC's, 1 BCx, 1SBT and an Aussie Shep). I didn't notice any adverse behavior towards the guys so maybe just at home? No idea about health checks, but SIL is very animal savvy and has had BC's before so expect all due care was taken in selecting puppy.

Edited by Polgara's Shadow

She'll travel that far? Awesome! Will pass details onto SIL.

Any reason I should encourage SIL to avoid Bark Busters? I haven't used them myself so have no idea. Feel free to PM.

Would you have your family car serviced by an amateur who 'reads' a manual?

:eek:

Nice one !

This is rather unusual behavior. Did the puppy come from parents that had the correct health checks?

perhaps being very protective at home .... and working herself into a tizz (technical talk) :o

But then again I guess some people would describe my dogs as 'going off' when men come to my house. Don't know if they would do it with females as it is normally male tradies that are the strangers.

This is rather unusual behavior. Did the puppy come from parents that had the correct health checks?

perhaps being very protective at home .... and working herself into a tizz (technical talk) :o

But then again I guess some people would describe my dogs as 'going off' when men come to my house. Don't know if they would do it with females as it is normally male tradies that are the strangers.

I would say one of mine does this too, but is not gender discriminatory- will bark at any strange person coming into our house. However he will also calm down once i say the person is ok and then just goes about his normal business.

Which this other dog may not do?