Adelaide - Howzyadog, Dontfretpet

humdrum

I'm just in the middle of moving to Adelaide and staying with friends with my pointer x Zara.

I have to go back to Melbourne next week to finalise the move, clean the house and an event. My friends are ALSO going away and their sitter is not comfortable with 2 dogs at home :(

I can't bear the thought of a kennel, Zara is very timid, doesn't like too many noises and would probably just be terrified. So I want to find somewhere we she can stay in a home. Because I haven't been here long enough yet, we haven't made any other doggy friends where she could stay. So I'm considering howzyadog or dontfretpet, but don't know anyone who used them. Or if anyone has a recommendation for a minder (in their home) for a slightly nervous but otherwise friendly dog - everyone loves my little sook when they meet her :)

Any recommendation/help would be appreciated

Silvia

I used to work as a carer for Dont fret Pet :)

However they pay the carers very little and charge an arm and leg!

Or did? This was many years ago, dont know what their pricing is now.

Never had an issue, the dogs all seemed very happy. They do a property check beforehand and suss out the carers, though a police check or similar wasn't necessary.

I am sure other will have recommendations too :)

I can imagine not a great percentage would go to the carer, so going directly would be my preference.

Bom sounds great, she didn't come up on any web searches. But, she's booked :(

But she gave me another couples name. Waiting for a callback from someone else, then the search will continue (hopefully not)

prices really do vary greatly. Once I'm settled here I will hopefully just make doggy friends locally where owners are happy to help out each other :)