Prefix Search

bell

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought that dogs vic could tell you if that prefix is still financial and I would think if they are not then they aren't around anymore. What breed are they? It is probably also worth asking in the general forum as many more people go in there as compared to here!

The references I found referred to UK lines, breeder has a UK email addresss and many of the Australian references I could find said 'UK lines' but there was one old link that said he was in Melbourne. It's rather confusing if you google it. I can ask my workmate(Bull Terrier breeder) on Monday when I see here but we are NSW and she might not know anything.

Edited by kelpiecuddles

The reason I ask is because I bought a puppy in January but am yet to receive his papers so am getting a bit worried that they are actually not registered.

You need to contact your states governing dog body and talk to them. No good looking up prefixes online. That is not going to help you. You need to tell them your problem, not just ask if they are current members.

1399769107[/url]' post='6480604']
1399761058[/url]' post='6480528']

The reason I ask is because I bought a puppy in January but am yet to receive his papers so am getting a bit worried that they are actually not registered.

You need to contact your states governing dog body and talk to them. No good looking up prefixes online. That is not going to help you. You need to tell them your problem, not just ask if they are current members.

I did that when I rang them. Explained the situation and then asked if they were still current and financial. And go the reply of it is a privacy issue. I also emailed the president and received no reply.

1399769107[/url]' post='6480604']
1399761058[/url]' post='6480528']

I did that when I rang them. Explained the situation and then asked if they were still current and financial. And go the reply of it is a privacy issue. I also emailed the president and received no reply.

They won't tell you if they are current but they can and should follow up on the no papers arriving. I would be trying Tas first if you are a member there. But I would also be ringing Vic back and saying the dog is from Vic and you have not yet received papers and you want them to take action. It is not the right climate to have an unpapered bull breed, whatever the state.

Have you been able to contact the breeders at all?

ps do you have a receipt or similar? Scan that and send it through as well. But give them all the details you have, parents, date of birth etc

Edited by Rebanne

You need to write to the Committee of Management of Dogs Victoria and formally explain the situation................May agenda is closed but June one closes June 4th

Thanks will try that. Have the receipt etc

The breeders assure me they will send the papers down when they get them.

Have they stated what the hold up is? Cause it does seem to be a long time in getting the papers to you.