Neuticals

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinnie gets desexed this month and my partner is slightly serious about using them.

Anyone know anything about them and will vets use them in Australia?

Errrrr. No. I always assumed they were pretty much a joke. Haha.

I can't understand it myself.

Vinnie gets desexed this month and my partner is slightly serious about using them.

Why would you bother? confused.gif

Convince your partner that the dog won't miss them and neither should he.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

They come from the US so you need to order about 2-4 weeks in advance.

There will be extra trauma to the scrotum and the risk of infection is higher because you're essentially putting a foreign body in - although they are sterile.

Perse is right too, a good looking entire dog will be more of a target for theft.

Go back and watch the very first season of Bondi vet. They showed a dog being given neuticals and I think it was the first time the operation had been performed in Australia. Not a cheap surgery either as I think the neuticals cost around $2000 and that's just for the implants.

Go back and watch the very first season of Bondi vet. They showed a dog being given neuticals and I think it was the first time the operation had been performed in Australia. Not a cheap surgery either as I think the neuticals cost around $2000 and that's just for the implants.

I remember this. From memory it was an English bulldog

From memory - although I have never actually seen them being used or know of a dog they have been used in - they need to measure the dogs testicles to get the correct size. They would have to be ordered, then put in when they dog was castrated.

What exactly are the reasons you are going to desex? is a vasectomy an option?

I also watched Bondi Vet & couldn't stop laughing at the stupidity of it.

Tell him they will cost a fortune, wouldn't he rather spend it on a holiday or something tempting. Also ask how he would like to have an operation for vanity alone, face all the associated risks & then walk around with plastic/silicone or whatever they are made from inside his body forever.

Which reminds me do ask how long do they last. May have a short life.

Whilst Neuticals are relatively new to the scene here, replacing testicles with prosthetics (normally the ones manufactured for human children) has been going on for many years to enable monorchid dogs to be shown (against the rules of course). Personally I don't understand the desire to use them in a pet dog, it must be a boy thing.

Personally, I'd just book Vinnie in for desexing and get it done without telling your OH. The fact that some men still place the status of their own masculinity on dogs balls is hilarious.

Maybe offer to buy him some neuticles if he's feeling emasculated!!

If Vinnie gets fake balls, make them a big set laugh.gif

I read a book once that a vet had written, about all his weird consults and things he'd ever done.

One was a guy who wanted the neuticals, but he wanted them 2 sizes larger than the dog already had :laugh:

the vet had to say no of course haha

Isn't there something in the Vet's Code of Ethics (or governing rules) that they don't perform cosmetic surgery on animals?

I think you're right. I'm not sure I'd trust a vet who considered doing it. OP have you even spoken to your vet about it?