Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Glow/led Collar Recommendations - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Glow/led Collar Recommendations

#1 User is offline   Lexi-Taj 

• Forum Member
  • State:ACT

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hi all, after advice from another DOLer I have decided to post my querie here also! Does anyone know of a good glow in the dark or led dog collar and leash.

My dogs and I do a lot of early morning and late evening runs and am looking for something that really glows and stands out. We live in a rural area I wear a head torch, but want something glowy for the dogs so they too will stand out for safety (both dogs are dark one is black, the other dark chocolate).

I have used a little flashing led (from a pet store) that was clipped to the dogs collar but am looking for more the leash and collar combo.
I have seen a few things online, but have no idea how reputable they are or how comfortable the collar actually is - so if anyone has used one or knows of a good brand please let me know

#2 User is offline   perfect partners 

• Forum Regular
  • State:VIC

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

I think Leerburg and K9 Pro sell that type of thing - not sure if they have exactly what you're looking for but it might be worth a look at their web sites. All the things I have got from both of them have been good quality.

#3 User is offline   Cleo's Corgwyn 

• Forum Regular

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

My husband bought me a couple of the Niteize collar covers last year, and they're great - attach with velcro to a regular collar and provide a large, visible area of light. I'm not sure where he brought them from, but I came across them the other day, along with leashes and collars;
http://www.mypetware...d_7/b_NITE-IZE/

#4 User is offline   Perry's Mum 

• Forum Regular

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

I bought two of the spotlit lamps which attach to collars - I got them from K9 pro - they are excellent because they flash different colours constantly so I always know where Perry and Friskie are. They are also pretty cheap.

#5 User is offline   Chris the Rebel Wolf 

• Look twice. See more than the obvious.
  • State:QLD

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

I like the Rogz Roglights but they sound more like what you have, but they can also be clipped to the collar/lead or to the ring on the collar so may work? The blue is awesome bright, followed by the white and the pink, I find the red is dullest. I use these any night Maya, Zeke and I walk since we're close to a highway for part of our walk.

Some customers told me they love their super-bright Orbilocs but I've never tried them because they're waaaay pricey for a light.

I haven't have experience with light-up collars or leads, but for basic reflective I also have Rogz harnesses and they show up fantastic in low light. I took this photo of Maya in hers tonight just after sunset, the white threads are the reflect, reacting to the flash of my camera :thumbsup:

Let us know what you end up with I'd be very interested in your roadtest!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Chris the Rebel Wolf: 12 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

#6 User is offline   Scottsmum 

• Forum Regular
  • State:NSW

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

Oh. My. Gosh.

I have just spent a small fortune at K9 Pro

A LED for collar, a poo bad dispenser with torch, a light up LED ball and a jacket which was on sale... oi oi oi...

I'll write reviews on the light up stuff :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions