Glow/led Collar Recommendations

Lexi-Taj

Hi all, after advice from another DOLer I have decided to post my querie here also! Does anyone know of a good glow in the dark or led dog collar and leash.

My dogs and I do a lot of early morning and late evening runs and am looking for something that really glows and stands out. We live in a rural area I wear a head torch, but want something glowy for the dogs so they too will stand out for safety (both dogs are dark one is black, the other dark chocolate).

I have used a little flashing led (from a pet store) that was clipped to the dogs collar but am looking for more the leash and collar combo.

I have seen a few things online, but have no idea how reputable they are or how comfortable the collar actually is - so if anyone has used one or knows of a good brand please let me know

My husband bought me a couple of the Niteize collar covers last year, and they're great - attach with velcro to a regular collar and provide a large, visible area of light. I'm not sure where he brought them from, but I came across them the other day, along with leashes and collars;

http://www.mypetwarehouse.com.au/store/filtered/d_7/b_NITE-IZE/

I bought two of the spotlit lamps which attach to collars - I got them from K9 pro - they are excellent because they flash different colours constantly so I always know where Perry and Friskie are. They are also pretty cheap.

I like the Rogz Roglights but they sound more like what you have, but they can also be clipped to the collar/lead or to the ring on the collar so may work? The blue is awesome bright, followed by the white and the pink, I find the red is dullest. I use these any night Maya, Zeke and I walk since we're close to a highway for part of our walk.

Some customers told me they love their super-bright Orbilocs but I've never tried them because they're waaaay pricey for a light.

I haven't have experience with light-up collars or leads, but for basic reflective I also have Rogz harnesses and they show up fantastic in low light. I took this photo of Maya in hers tonight just after sunset, the white threads are the reflect, reacting to the flash of my camera :thumbsup:

Let us know what you end up with I'd be very interested in your roadtest!

post-40409-0-94619900-1399898469_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris the Rebel Wolf

Oh. My. Gosh.

I have just spent a small fortune at K9 Pro

A LED for collar, a poo bad dispenser with torch, a light up LED ball and a jacket which was on sale... oi oi oi...

I'll write reviews on the light up stuff :)

• 2 years later...