Putting Weight On

I have a very malnourished poodle here and I want to put some weight on her and would like to know any good recipes or things to feed her to help with that please :)

She loves raw chickens necks and pigs ears but dog food makes her fart something terrible.

Pigs ears are junk food for dogs - and probably the source of the farting quite frankly. They'd have little nutritional value.

I would feed her up on chicken wings and fatty raw meaty bones and try some kibble for sensitive stomachs unless you want to raw feed completely.

It's an american breakfast cereal, basically a wheat flake, you could sub with crushed weet bix

It would have bugger all nutritional value for a dog. Dogs gain weight from fat, not carbs

I'd go for three smaller meals a day, rather than two larger ones. Feed the best quality protein and fat but don't over do it.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Good nourishing food several times a day, no need for junky additives like cereals and such. Chicken portions, lamb necks, lamb flaps, good quality fresh meats or a premium quality pref grain free dog food. Keep it simple and nourishing. Healthy nourishing additives like lambs hearts, chicken hearts, chicken livers etc can help tempt if the dog is a bit reluctant.

Satin balls should be approached with caution or you will get a case of pancreatitis on your hands.

Was about to write the same thing .I would still be careful with lamb flaps & the likes in one big hit .

Personally slow & steady is the approach we use