Sticking Plaster

My Labrador has recently required another hematoma operation and had her ear specially bandaged to her head but she has now dislodged the bandage. The vet used this great stretchy sticking plaster that seems to work well but they do not sell it and are closed today anyway. I think I can redress it and possibly make do with some other tape I have but I would like to have some of the colourful stuff on hand. It comes in all sorts of bright colours and seems to be water-proof. The vet used it on her foot once too and it was really good. I did some net searching and found something called Rock Tape from a sporting supply site but am not sure if it is the same.

Does anyone know of this tape for veterinary use and/or a good supplier?

Edited by LabTested

Yes vet wrap is the name. You can buy similar stuff (but in boring colours) at most chemists.

Thanks you Kirty and Showdog. It must be my area but I haven't been lucky to find it at any chemists. At least I know what it is called now.

I bit the bullet earlier and ordered a roll of this but I'm not sure if it is the same one. The vet had said to try sports supplies.

http://www.wiggle.com.au/rocktape-5cm-wide-tape-5m-roll/?lang=au&curr=AUD&dest=27&utm_source=pla&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=au&kpid=5360483525

When I buy vetwrap from the supply store, I get a few extras for my Physio... same as the strapping tape she uses for people like me with alergies to sticky stuff, but a hell of a lot cheaper, and comes in a wide range of colours.

T.

LabTested, that stuff is different - it is normal tape. Vetwrap (and all the other brands) sticks to itself but not the animal.

Thanks Kirty and Florise, I've ordered some Vet wrap, I'm confident that's the one. I tried to cancel the Rock Tape order but they claim it was too late to (though I only ordered it today) but they tell me I can send it back for a refund once it arrives. I'm relatively new to doing much internet shopping, so live and learn. :o

Edited by LabTested

LabTested, that stuff is different - it is normal tape. Vetwrap (and all the other brands) sticks to itself but not the animal.

^ This.

The name of the type of product (rather than brand names) is cohesive bandage.

It depends on why it is being used. In general, yes, you would put something else first however.

When I first came across it, centuries ago, we used it to hold a cottonball against a vein more often than not.

Most recently I used it, without anything else, to wrap my dogs toes after having their nails clipped. They used to be delivered back from the groomers each fortnight with at least one of them still spotting a touch of blood from a clipped nail. So that I didn't have to clean up a million little blood spots from my rugs or floors, I used to wrap vet wrap around the offending nail and paw for an hour or so.