Early Kidney Failure

My 13 yr old has just been diagnosed with early stage kidney disease and the vet suggested a lower protein/higher carb diet. Aja is raw fed so the diet is heavy on meat with some vege and occasional grains or dry food. I'm going to have a look at the B-naturals site but has any other raw feeder dealt with this and if so what changes did you make? Thanks

Hopefully someone has a link to the study, but I recall reading that it's better to feed higher quality protein than less protein if your animal has kidney failure.

It depends on exactly what the kidney test results are but I've got two on 2/3rd barf, 1/3 sweet potato, omega 3 and Ipakitine which is a phosphate binder.

Vet's All Natural (Dr Bruce) recommends a chinese herb which I should look into more thoroughly but the current diet for my two seems to have dramatically decreased their thirstiness. They are both a good weight and eat well and drink normally. Will chase up the herbs soon.

The important thing is that protein is high quality and easy for the body to deal with, raw is just that, less taxing on the organs than processed foods.

The high moisture content of raw is also a very positive thing.