Which Harness

Boxer05

I have one of these for my guy, as it is the ONLY one I could get that he couldn't slip out of in the car Webmaster by Ruff Wear but I walk him in a Freedom No Pull fully adjustable, very comfortable (padded) & you can either attach your lead at the front or the back or both for extra control. My girl has a Comfortflex, which she readily sticks her head in. It fits her well, but the chest strap isn't adjustable.

What do you think of the Freedom No Pull, Sheena? Was your dog very strong at pulling on lead or only moderately annoying? :)

I bought it because he grew out of his SenSible one, & also bought the double ended lead to go with it. But he doesn't need it any more because he doesn't or very rarely pulls. I think if he was still a puller (& he used to be very strong), it would be good because of the double lead. But I walk him in it anyway because he is very good at slipping his collar, even the ones that arn't supposed to slip...he just has a very good technique :laugh: & is so quick. It is a very nice comfortable harness & is very adjustable, though I think I could have gone a size smaller. It's no good to use as a car harness though, as he gets it off somehow. For the car, I have had to go to the Ruff Wear as it has a strap that goes around his waist.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently use the Ezydog Quick fit harness [chest strap, not plate] on my Boxer. He wears that in the car as well, I put the seat belt though the handle at the top [where the leash ring is].

But do have my eye on the Ezydog Convert harness [which looks like a better design].

I use them on two of my dogs. Puppia on the SBT and Rogz on the shar pei. I am another who recommends you go to an outlet that sells a range of brands so you can try them on your dog so you get the right fit. You want the harness to be comfortable as well as secure. Even though my dogs are similarly sized they are not the same shape so even adjusting the straps they can't wear each other's harnesses comfortably.

Yep thats right LG - I have one westie in a small EzyDog Quick-fit and the other two are both in mediums.

For walking I use a Red Dingo on my dogs, a Heeler and Lab X.

I do have a webmaster but found it always slipped to the side, no matter how tight or loose it was. Maybe it's because of the shape of my heeler.

Just got one of these for car and walking:

http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/purina_pet_life_car_and_walking_harness_for_dogs?gclid=CPng14uq078CFVGVvQodhgUAGA&gdftrk=gdfV25674_a_7c2113_a_7c7895_a_7c41011#.U8tqifna6m4

$20 in store.

Basic, but looks comfortable and does the job.

Size L fitted my 11 months standard poodle (deep chest like a boxer) with a little room to grow as well.

I currently use the Ezydog Quick fit harness [chest strap, not plate] on my Boxer. He wears that in the car as well, I put the seat belt though the handle at the top [where the leash ring is].

But do have my eye on the Ezydog Convert harness [which looks like a better design].

Noishe I was just having a look at the Ezydog website and they have reduced the price of the Convert in the gold colour (although it doesn't look gold to me - more a brown colour). Link here smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

Noishe I was just having a look at the Ezydog website and they have reduced the price of the Convert in the gold colour (although it doesn't look gold to me - more a brown colour). Link here smile.gif

o0o0o Thank ye biggrin.gif

You know I've just been thinking - the Ezydog Convert looks much more supportive than the quick fits - and as Mr Mac gets slower and more disabled gradually over time I'm thinking it might be a good intermediary harness for him - before I need to consider a 'Help 'Em Up' harness if he loses the use of his back legs as part of his disease (GOLPP).

What do you think???

TIA. smile.gif

1405997070[/url]' post='6528917']

I ended up buying two of the EzyDog Converts in the gold. Just waiting for them to arrive.

I'd be really interested in how you find them Boxer05 and what you think of them too. smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

You know I've just been thinking - the Ezydog Convert looks much more supportive than the quick fits - and as Mr Mac gets slower and more disabled gradually over time I'm thinking it might be a good intermediary harness for him - before I need to consider a 'Help 'Em Up' harness if he loses the use of his back legs as part of his disease (GOLPP).

What do you think???

TIA. smile.gif

I thought the same Westiemum. They just look that bit more supportive than the quick fits. I was after something a bit better for Stella when I have her on a long line.

Go try the Ezydog Converts on at a pet store first! They are great, but they didn't quite fit Nova properly and that's why we went with the Julius K9 IDC smile.gif

i was just going to say they are very similar to the original Julius K9 :)

And I've just had a look at the Julius K9 online too - superb looking harness as well. But will look at the Convert first simply because it's on special at present - and dollars are tight with the building project. Then if it doesn't fit I'll look at the Julius K9. Thanks all.smile.gif

And I've just had a look at the Julius K9 online too - superb looking harness as well. But will look at the Convert first simply because it's on special at present - and dollars are tight with the building project. Then if it doesn't fit I'll look at the Julius K9. Thanks all.smile.gif

Thats wy mine dont have the Julius K9's. Much cheaper to buy a few puppias off ebay!

Though i do like the look of the others.